Any way to edit Chapter points ??

ADude

Hi !

I have a fully authored DVD, with a very nice chapter menu that I would like to keep. But, the chapter points were done wrong, and do not end up at the right points.

I know that I could simply take the main video and re-author it from scratch with a new menu and chapter points, but I would like to keep the nice chapter menu and only change the points in the video where the chapters go.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks !

(Actually, I have a couple of DVDs with this problem, from downloading DVDs made by fans from unreleased materials.)

Without creating new video streams with new chapter points in them, which would mean creating or recreating the menus to accomodate them, I don't know of another way to do it. It might be possible to use IFOEdit to go in and change the Chapter markers, but, I'm not very familiar with IFOEdit. I would think the Chapter information has to be somewhere in the IFO's, because they control how the player deals with the combined audio/video stream, since it's a single unit.

I thought of DVDReMake, too. But, I thought its splitting ability wasn't very precise, though. That it was more of a guess based on where you placed the cursor. I also though you could do a split but you'd have to remember that the number of chapters would "double" while the number of Chapters on the menu would remain static. Something the user would have to remember/know ahead of time/keep in mind/figure out. :lol:

I looked at PgcEdit and it can edit the Chapter list and the Menus.

However, I still have to actually change the CELL-IDs in the VOB files themselves, because someone along the way reset them all to be "1".

If I use VOBedit, I have to scroll down through dozens of pages to find each Navigation point to edit the CELL-ID.

Is there any program that can just bring up the CELL-IDs so they can be edited ??

Thanks !

Edited by ADude

What about VobBlanker? :)

That's an interesting piece of software, but it seems to get all its information from IFO's rather than the VOB's themselves.

I did a web search and this question has been asked about half a dozen times in the past in various DVD/Video Forums and there is never a reply.

there is a progam by the same author, i think it is called vobidchanger. Look at his website.

AddChapter

Brief description

- Adds one or more blank/custom chapters at the end of the selected PGCs in a VOB

Release Data

Executable

Sources

Current Release 1202

19-December-2004

AddChapter_1202_exe.zip

AddChapter_1202_src.zip

Changelog v 1.2.0.2:

- Added: Drag & Drop and "open with" abilities

- BugFix: Cell type value changed to 2 instead 10 in the added cells.

VIDChanger

Brief description

- Changes the VID/CID of a single cell or changes all VID/CID in the VOB in a sequential mode.

Release Data

Executable

Sources

Current Release 1203

02-November-2004

VIDChanger_1203_exe.zip

VIDChanger_1203_src.zip

Changelog v 1.2.0.3

- Added: Popup log window at the end of Full VOB processing

- Improved: Input and output folder coincidence check.

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/dvdtools.htm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.