Iso problems

Drackos

Here's my problem.

I was trying to make a copy of a "windows xp media center edition 2005". I did not have the disk so I downloaded (or what I hoped was) a Iso immage from my p2p program. The file is inded a real windows iso.

My problem is its not in a iso format that I can burn to disk. Its a self extracting .rar. Yes I have winrar and I use imgburn to burn my disks.

Anyway inside the rar file is a folder called "CD1"that had .bin and .cue files inside. Another one called "CD2" and had smaller .bun and .cue files inside. a .nfo file and has the key codes on them for me to install .

So my question is how to I turn these 2 folders into a bootable iso for me to burn? I'm kinda new to this and I'm sure there is a easy way to do this but I cant figure it out.

p.s I dont use this version of windows myself its for a friends computer and he lost his install disk so I'm trying to make him one.

Edited by Drackos

The .bin/.cue pair is a disc image just like ISO, and as such, you burn them in Write mode. When you load the first image it should say if it's bootable or not in the File System field.

Thanks. that did help I managed to make the disk. Now my only question is what was in the CD2 folder? It had smaller file sized .bin and .cue files to. Mabe it was some windows updates or something? O well guess it dose not mater because I did make the bootable disk and I tested it and it dose work and dose install but its missing files too.

any help

Edited by Drackos

Those missing files could be on CD2. Burn that disc too. At the finish of firs disc it should ask for second disc to continue. At least that I remember when a friend installed a Media Center Edition Windows XP...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.