HT Issue -- Would like LUK's opinion

Pain_Man

Just because I've made a couple of small donations, I don't want to presume and bother Lightning directly.

But I'd appreciate it if someone who is on closer terms with him would run this Hyperthreading issue by him? Or if one of the other sophisticates (meaning people who know more about such arcana than I do :blush: , which is most of the members here ) could throw in what they think...

And Newbie? I had something like 400 posts on another incarnation of this forum! :/

you know what they say if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle em with B.S. which sounds about right with the answer they gave you.Personally I don't believe it ,it would be too big of an issue for Intel and they just threw that out there for lack of a proper answer

See if this helps to start with.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/06/18/wh...hyperthreading/

And Newbie? I had something like 400 posts on another incarnation of this forum!

Don't feel too bad, I had over 6000 posts, does it realy matter? :/

Of course it doesn't really matter, :thumbup: Just bitching. And not at Lightning. My target...is elsewhere. :angry:

you know what they say if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle em with B.S. which sounds about right with the answer they gave you.Personally I don't believe it ,it would be too big of an issue for Intel and they just threw that out there for lack of a proper answer

The biggest thing that makes this smell to me is that my previous Plex, the 716A and my new Pioneer 110D both burn DLs without an issue. I burned one today without any issue on the Pioneer.

As I've said, I'll talk to the sales department Monday. See if I can't get them to send me a new one. Or return it free of charge for, perhaps, another 716A. It was an excellent drive. It just died too young (15 months!).

I don't see how an error in the CPU can cause "stutters" (or "burps" if someone's got a better sounding technical term, pls lay it on me) in ONE kind of drive and with ONE kind of media. In the 760SA, the SAME video burned to a 6x DVD-RW was perfect.

Granted my technical knowledge is not not that deep when it comes to DVD Video (when daugther was about three she'd call them, "DVD and Video".), but I can't fathom how the explanation I got makes any sense.

I've done TS and it sounds too much like the bullshit we were told to tell Dell's unfortunate customers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.