my NEC AD-7240S WONT BURN DL AT 2.4x HELP

xnusense

And what's the problem with that? The slowest speed doesn't necessarily result in a better quality burn, especially on new burners like the 7240S.

Post the log of the most recent dual-layer burn you've made (look in ImgBurn's Help menu).

And what's the problem with that? The slowest speed doesn't necessarily result in a better quality burn, especially on new burners like the 7240S.

Post the log of the most recent dual-layer burn you've made (look in ImgBurn's Help menu).

i cant waste my last verbatim disc the log was saying

failed to write sector reason: communicatin error crc something? DMA

Loads of times and had about 260 retries ive updated it to the latest firmware 1.03

Edited by xnusense

Then you have a general communication (drive -> controller on the motherboard) problem and it's nothing to do with write speeds.

You can access the previous logs via the 'Help' menu.

the log is not there anymore just checked ive installed all the latest drivers for the motherboard before aswel

That depends, do you have 2 SATA controllers on your board?

Sometimes the main chipset will only run 2/4/6 of them and the additional ones (i.e. making 4/6/8) will be on another 3rd party controller.

What do you see listed in device manager under the scsi controllers and ide/ata controller branches?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.