mpeg2dmx.ax problem

yetanother1

This isn't really an ImgBurn problem, but it affects ImgBurn operation and I can find no mention of it in the forums, nor do I know how to fix it.

I was creating a CUE file that references some MP3 files. Most of the files were analyzed properly, but one particular file always caused ImgBurn to fail with an error in the c:\windows\system32\mpeg2mdx.ax file. I then ran ImgBurn from a different computer, accessing the problematic MP3 file over the network, and things worked perfectly.

The mpeg2dmx.ax files are different in the two systems (one is based on XP Home and the other on XP Professional, if that is significant).

The one in the failing system is from Elecard.Ltd and is version 2.0.84.3049

The one in the working system is from Microsoft and is version 6.5.2600.5512

I don't know if the fix is simply to replace the mpeg2dmx file. Somehow I think that the fix is more involved as the mpeg3dmx.ax file was probably part of a larger package.

Any ideas on what needs to be done to fix the failing system?

TIA

Not an ImgBurn problem and yet you still created this thread in the 'ImgBurn Bugs' forum?!

Just unregister the problem file (regsvr32 /u mpeg2dmx.ax), rename it to something like mpeg2dmx.old, copy the one over from the working machine and then register it again (regsvr32 mpeg2dmx.ax).

Thanks!

BTW - to my way of thinking I did the appropriate thing. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. "ImgBurn" wasn't working. I happened to know enough that it was due to a problem in a windows support library. There was no mention of this problem anywhere in the forum.

Please move this thread to its appropriate location if you desire.

Not an ImgBurn problem and yet you still created this thread in the 'ImgBurn Bugs' forum?!

Just unregister the problem file (regsvr32 /u mpeg2dmx.ax), rename it to something like mpeg2dmx.old, copy the one over from the working machine and then register it again (regsvr32 mpeg2dmx.ax).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.