ISO versus MDS

Flint

Have used DECript in the past, but just got a laptop with a dual layer burner and picked up some memorex DL DVR+R media. Ran DECript to get both MDS & ISO files and started ImgBurn and picked MDS. DVD was burned without any appearent errors. Movie played great to about 1hr 10 min and locked up. Was this because I chose the MDS file instead of the ISO file to burn? Did'nt change any of the defaults in ImgBurn. Sorry to be a dummy. Thanks for any info.

Edited by Flint

No you picked the right file, you should always use the .mds file if you are burning a DL layer disc as it contains all the layer break info etc.

I have never used the discs you mention - for DL backups I would only use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs as they seem to be the only reliable ones.... Do you know who makes the dye on the Memorex discs ?

Does the disc you created play ok on a different player ? PC etc ?

No you picked the right file, you should always use the .mds file if you are burning a DL layer disc as it contains all the layer break info etc.

I have never used the discs you mention - for DL backups I would only use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs as they seem to be the only reliable ones.... Do you know who makes the dye on the Memorex discs ?

Does the disc you created play ok on a different player ? PC etc ?

Thank you for the info. Tried it on my PC and it works great, I'll have a few friends try it on their DVD player and see how it goes. Maybe time for a new player. Thank you so much again.

Memorex are probably ritek.

Stick with verbatim DL discs, nothing else.

The Memorex DLs I just bought are Ritek, and my NEC 3500A won't touch 'em.

And I agree about the Verbatim DLs; I've never had a problem with them.

Edited by frunobulax

Well jmet, you are the expert on this after all..............

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.