RipLock on these drives?

dbminter

Was wondering if anyone knew the RipLock state, present or not, active or not, able to be turned off or not, for the following listed drives?

LG's GSA-4081B - I am relatively sure this one has RipLock active from the manufacturer.

LG's LG GSA-4040B aka GMA-4040B - I believe the same is the case for this drive as for the 4081.

Sony's DRU-500a - I believe this has RipLock and that it cannot be removed normally. But, was a firmware ever released where it was unlocked?

Sony's DRU-700a which is, I believe, aka an OEM of the LiteOn SOHW-832S

LiteOn CD-RW/DVD-ROM Model LTC-48161H

Was wondering if anyone knew the RipLock state, present or not, active or not, able to be turned off or not, for the following listed drives?

LG's GSA-4081B - I am relatively sure this one has RipLock active from the manufacturer.

LG's LG GSA-4040B aka GMA-4040B - I believe the same is the case for this drive as for the 4081.

Sony's DRU-500a - I believe this has RipLock and that it cannot be removed normally. But, was a firmware ever released where it was unlocked?

Sony's DRU-700a which is, I believe, aka an OEM of the LiteOn SOHW-832S

LiteOn CD-RW/DVD-ROM Model LTC-48161H

Minty, for the benefit of myself and others who do not have your encyclopedic knowledge of this subject...

What's "RipLock"?

Edited by Pain_Man

Thanks.

I read the afterdawn article. Strikes me as awfully weird. Not the article, but the concept. Why create an....ah...deliberate pain in the ass and then make it removeable by simply flashing the next firmware update?

Am I the only that finds that a little redundant and lot a waste of time?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.