audio guides

kschwi

In what format do you have it? If it's the normal audio formats that guide should work.if you want to create an audio cd. If you just want to backup the files you can use the build mode.

I'd like to create an audio CD. It is currently on a CD-R and windows explorer says it has 2 tracks: track01.cda and track02.cda

You can follow this guide to copy that disc ;)

THanks it worked.

One more question. I downloaded an MP-3 file using IE and tried to save it to a disk, but it didn't work. It is located here.. C:\Documents and Settings\K Schmidt\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

Can I use Imgburn to burn it on a CD-R? Is this where I would use this guide?

http://forum.imgburn...?showtopic=5555

it is a pretty big file if that makes a difference. (43,543kb)

Edited by kschwi

Yes, that's the guide you should use for burning your MP3.

Some of those files were too big to put on a CD-R. I'm sure there is a good reason for this, but at this time I don't understand. It appears some of these MP3 files are pretty big at 43MB and if I were to try and burn them on a CD-R, they are too large to fit even though the CD-R says it can hold 700 MB of information.

However, I can copy/burn using Windows XP these MP3 files as is onto a CD-R and have plenty of space left over. I can get hours and hours on a single CD-R. Unfortunately, they cannot play on my CD player in my car, but can play on my computer with Windows Media Player. So can I assume that when you try to create an audio CD using ImgBurn to play in most regular CD players the process makes the file much bigger than the 43 MB so it cannot be burned to a single CD-R. (the 43 MB CD must be more than 80 minutes I'm guessing)

Is there any quality difference if I keep it as a MP-3 file for computer use versus if I were to take a smaller MP-e file and create an audio CD? I hope I made sense here.

thanks,

If your 43MB MP3 file decodes to something over 80 mins in length then it must be super low quality!

How long does ImgBurn think it is once you've added it to the CUE creation window?

93 minutes. It is an old radio broadcast. Some of these MP3 files are old radio shows or sporting events.

Ah, that'll be why then.

2 choices then really...

1. edit the mp3 to remove stuff / cut it into 2 or more bits and then burn it via the CUE window.

2. burn the mp3 file as-is (using Build mode) and only be able to play it on a pc or standalone that supports mp3 discs.

Ah, that'll be why then.

2 choices then really...

1. edit the mp3 to remove stuff / cut it into 2 or more bits and then burn it via the CUE window.

2. burn the mp3 file as-is (using Build mode) and only be able to play it on a pc or standalone that supports mp3 discs.

Is it difficult to cut it into 2 bits? How would I do this? BTW many of these files are 10 MB and 44 minutes in length (Maybe that is better quality than the 43 MB file that is 83 minutes) but that would take 4 CD-Rs.

I suppose the quality isn't any different listening on a CD-player in my car compared to on my computer.... but my preference would be to be able to listen while I am driving.

Edited by kschwi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.