Disc Image File vs. Image File

dr_ml422

I just noticed on my storage drive of .iso's that for some images I have 2 entries. 1 says Disc Image File, and the other 1 says Disc Image. Obviously the 1 w/the most content is the movie. Now do I need the other smaller image file w/the same name there to act as reference when burning the .iso? Or can I erase it? I know when creating a .cue file that the bin file is there to act as a reference so that it can be pointed to so that you can burn it. At least I think that's the way it works. These .iso's were created mostly from discs using ImgBurn.

What are the extensions of the two files?

How big are the files?

The fact that it made one in the first place tells me there's a reason for it.

Can you ditch your 'Interests' or at least cut them down please?! The column on the left (under your avatar) is stupidly long because of them and that just makes your posts seem large and mainly empty!

What are the extensions of the two files?

How big are the files?

The fact that it made one in the first place tells me there's a reason for it.

Can you ditch your 'Interests' or at least cut them down please?! The column on the left (under your avatar) is stupidly long because of them and that just makes your posts seem large and mainly empty!

1 file is 5kbs. and it's a .mds file. The other is the .iso file w/the actual image size and content I guess. I don't recall this happening before.

I'll cut out the interests thing. Seems this started when the new updated format for the forum kicked in. Had the same thing since day 1. Thnx.

Oh Ok. The .iso's were all over 1GB and prolly all over 2gbs to standard single disc size. By <1gb you mean smaller than or greater than? It's been a while in the math area. Lol... I think you mean less than 1gb. Let me know. I have no idea about DAEMON Tools, but if it's not bothering I'll keep the .MDS file. When I burn w/ImgBurn though, I should always choose the .iso w/the larger file size correct? Thnx. :)

But if you load the ISO it'll moan telling you to select the MDS next time :)

Well I burned about 5 videos using the queue, and there was no moaning. Maybe the queue doesn't moan, and accepts the ISO that way. :)

Sorry, I should have said that it'll only moan if the ISO is a double layer one (over 4.37GB or whatever) and there's an MDS file present with the same name as the ISO (apart from the extension obviously).

As I mentioned earlier though, by default the program will only make the MDS for sub 1GB images and double layer ones... so it's odd that you get no moaning (unless they're all under 1GB or are double layer and under 4.37GB)

Sorry, I should have said that it'll only moan if the ISO is a double layer one (over 4.37GB or whatever) and there's an MDS file present with the same name as the ISO (apart from the extension obviously).

As I mentioned earlier though, by default the program will only make the MDS for sub 1GB images and double layer ones... so it's odd that you get no moaning (unless they're all under 1GB or are double layer and under 4.37GB)

Most flics are about 1 and 1/2 hrs. and above. The ISO doesn't compress the actual size at all correct? I mean the actual size of the video when converted will be the size displayed by the ISO correct?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.