Warning 0 size in some data files on PS2 games

USER69

Hello everybody,

First all sorry for my english, but I'll try to explain the problem.

In two PS2 games: "Need for speed - Most wanted" and "ICE AGE 2", I've had warnings when I?ve verified the image. The ImgBurn shows me that there is one data file with error size 0 and ask me to verify with real size.

Well, the iso?s backups was made with last DVDDecrypter. Then:

- Is it any modchip protection and I need another read program (instead of dvddecrypter)?. In NFSMW I can not to finish the game (also with the original dvd), because it stop in last part. In ICE game I don't know what will be cause I?m in the middle of it.

Thanks.

USER69

Edited by USER69

Oh, more 0 byte files. :) Probably just another "Oh, I'm a place marker. I don't exist, but, here I am!" Speaking of which, if a file is 0 bytes, i.e. just a place marker and does not exist, then, is it even possible to perform a verify? Since nothing exists to compare against? Is that why the error would show up?

It's normally from bad ISO/UDF formatting utils that don't go by the specs.

The udf entry 'could' be saying it's a place marker, or the file really could be 1GB in size, but being incorrectly identified and not using 2 descriptors when it should be.

As the file could be/couldn't be there, that's why you'd need to test clicking Yes, and then in case of error, clicking No.

The verify doesn't actually care about that error except for when there is an error at a sector that may or may not be part of that file. That is the only time that data is actually used.

It's normally from bad ISO/UDF formatting utils that don't go by the specs.

The udf entry 'could' be saying it's a place marker, or the file really could be 1GB in size, but being incorrectly identified and not using 2 descriptors when it should be.

As the file could be/couldn't be there, that's why you'd need to test clicking Yes, and then in case of error, clicking No.

The verify doesn't actually care about that error except for when there is an error at a sector that may or may not be part of that file. That is the only time that data is actually used.

Hello:

Good news :D , everything is O.K. I've just finished the game (PS2 Ice Age 2). Also, I verified the ISO image by clicking "Yes" and no problems, only I don?t understand very well the warning because Isobuster shows me the file with the real size directly.

The ImgBurn v1.3.0.0 burns very fine ( not freezings, not clippings, not lags...) with my drive Pioneer DVR-109 and TDK DVD+ recordable media.

Many thanks. :thumbup:

I could probably improve the udf parsing code to try and automate that bit a little further. I'll look towards doing it for the next version.

It's actually nice to know there are problems with the images sometimes though - rather than shielding the user from them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.