will not recognize DVD drive

mschacha

I have both a CD-RW drive and a DVD drive, but ImgBurn only lists the CD-RW drive for possible "Destination drives". I want to burn (a movie) using my DVD drive. How can I get the software to recognize my DVD drive? :unsure: (DVD Shrink had no problem using this drive.) Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

if its a dvd-rom drive, it cant write to discs, only read from them ( ROM = read only memory).

the likes of shrink will read from the disc, but cannot write to it.likewise with ImgBurn .

as its not capable of writting to a blank disc, this is why its not showing as a destination device when you run ImgBurn , sorry

I would have to recommend a NEC personally. They are by far the cheapest prices and the burn quality is very good. They are a breeze to install and get up and running. Modified firmware is everywhere for them, as well as original firmware being updated frequently.

I did say ?simplest? to use. :) The Pioneers do auto-booktyping which means users have no fooking around with program settings to get the disks to work on a DVD player. DVD burners don?t get any easier to install and use than a Pioneer. I have 4 of them because they work so well. The epitome of Plug And Play.

:smartarse:

EDIT: I just checked local pricing for burners here and the cheapest is:

?SONY 16x DVD Dual Layer DVD-RAM Burner OEM NO SOFTWARE DW-Q120A BLACK - $54?

The Pioneer:

?PIONEER DVR-111D 16x DVD Burner WHITE OEM No Software - $62?

For new users in particular, spending an extra few dollars on something that?s usable straight out of the box is well worth the investment.

Pioneer DVR-111D @ newegg.com for $36.99 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16827129001

Both are great deals!

Fookit! I just asked this after you edited your post. Doh! :doh:

Let?s see:

$US37 is about $50 on this side of the pond. For an extra $3 I?d still get the Pioneer. :D

Nice thread hijack guys !!! :lol:=))

Smooth, huh? :D

Seeing as you did it I am gonna say get a BenQ - I love mine !!!!

BenQ? I can?t bring myself to buying one of these. You may remember that the last BenQ I had was so bad I ended up throwing it at the neighbours cat. Or was that the Pioneer120 I had? Can?t remember now. Both were crap in any event.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.