not an ImgBurn problem but asking for ideas/help

DarKarvin

First ImgBurn works great on my laptop (with some sort of dvd writer in it :P)

Hello, being as the members here seem quite knowledgeable about dvd drives and such, I thought I would see if anyone has some ideas on this problem I have.

But my problem is my desktop, it's about 2 yrs old with an NEC ND-1300a drive, well... it still reads everything fine, I did reset the UDMA mode about a month ago though from PIO, looking here I am going to try the uninstall the adapter and reboot thingy.

But a while back my system has lost the autorun (it's still turned on) but could still right click on the drive and do autorun manually, well, now that option is gone too, when trying to off load some large files to a +RW disc it said, needs to be formatted, ok, cept....it hung, alright....I formatted the disc on my laptop, then put it in and tried again, now after a minute of not writeing anything it said the bus has been reset and failed out...

Just wondering if anyone here might have any suggestions on this, or maybe if you guys think it's the drive has gone bad.

Thanks.

You didn't realy answer the question/s, I know the laptop is different, but why did you not format it on the desktop? wouldn't it do it?

And what about the device manager on the desktop, do you have any question marks on any of the devices?

The destop fails at trying to format a new dvd, then failed with the bus has been reset error when trying to write a formatted one. On another note, it will still write cd's just fine.

Device manager looks fine, nothing in there except for all the hidden copy protection low level driver crap.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.