BenQ 1650/5

Grain

The firmware works well in my 1650, haven't scanned any of the 1655 burns yet, but I'm sure they'll be good also. I must eat rice......

Edited by Grain

So far only on the Chinese BenQ website, so possibly take that into consideration.

I did download this from the URL for my 1655 (url courtesy of Chewie).

I also found it on the American BenQ website.

It will not flash my drive. :(

On the other hand, while the Qsuite software will install, it won't launch either. I just reinstalled a full C: partition image using True Image and Qsuite still won't function. My guess is that some other software I've got on my machine has a conflict with it. But what? There's nothing on the BenQ site (admittedly not very helpful with a sparse knowledge base and illiterate TS) regarding this. I doubt I am the only person with this problem. Anyone else having issues with either upgrading the firmware or the Qsuite sftw, drop me a PM. Thanx.

It's a great drive. Very solid. Unfortunately, I can only burn DLs at 2.4x but that's not that much of a big deal. My Pioneer 110D burns them at 8x (avg a li'l over 6) and burns them well. For everything thing else, the DW1655 is excellent.

Edited by Pain_Man

What the hell was that corn ?? Bunch of weird symbols - should I install Chinese fonts ?

Looks like one of those goofy ass "Accent" fonts. :blink: I have 1200 fonts on my machine (1000 of them courtesy of WordPerfect 10) and about ten of them are called Accent and they are all incomprehensible symbols...that look like corn's.

Edited by Pain_Man

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.