.gi to .iso BR file image disc function?

kinohead

Hello,

First of all, I have to add my kudos to your superb program. Love it.

I have been using Adobe Encore CS3 to burn BR .iso images that can be mounted in a virtual drive via Elaborate Bytes AG's "Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.3.2" (freeware too) so I can check the function of the image PRIOR to burning any Blu-ray media to save money. I gave up Encore due to its buggy nature and my inability to author anything over 17GB in size and moved to Roxio DVDit Pro HD.

In my prior workflow, I used Imgburn to burn any .iso images I successfully made with Encore, as Encore would invariably bork the BR media if you tried to author and burn in one stroke!

I would like to retain this flexibility and use of Imgburn in my new workflow, but the problem with DVDit Pro HD is that it saves the Image file as a series of .gi files NOT a .iso file.

Simple concatenation of the .gi files just gives me a .iso that mounts but will not play back as a valid BR MPEG-2 image; it merely shows up as the original series of .gi files.

Without knowing what amount of work I am asking you to do, would it be relatively easy to implement a routine that would make a valid BR image from these .gi files?

Thanks a ton for such a fine program; better than most corporate software!

Frank

When it makes the .gi files, are they all large or do you have a tiny one too (i.e. a few KB in size) ?

I have to be honest, a simple join is all I'd have tried too and it's odd that you say all that gives you is an image file containing yet more .gi files!

Can you send me the first 5MB of the first .gi file (assuming it's not a tiny few KB one) please?

When it makes the .gi files, are they all large or do you have a tiny one too (i.e. a few KB in size) ?

I have to be honest, a simple join is all I'd have tried too and it's odd that you say all that gives you is an image file containing yet more .gi files!

Can you send me the first 5MB of the first .gi file (assuming it's not a tiny few KB one) please?

I have attached a screenshot of the directory in which the .gl files reside. As you can see the (0) file is 4K, but the (1) file is 2GB!

Looks like 2,097,12KB is the max. container size for that file. I have 4 assets and 1 menu; 1 asset has 2 elements with jointed chapters. Source is 1920 x 1080 60i HD.

The 15GB .iso is one of the few valid BR .iso files I could force from Encore with the original source material. The first 12GB .iso is a concatenated file using the ZW GI to ISO freeware program. It simply refuses to launch the BR player in Elaborate Bytes Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.3.2; mount it and you get a "No disc in drive" error. The 2nd 12 GB .iso file is one generated by ImgBurn using folder to image method and it brings up the directory with .gi files in it when mounted in the virtual drive

I wonder if the .gi files are not written to standards by DVDit Pro HD? I can take the same .gi files and import them into Avidemux 2.5 and it will index them and produce a valid MPEG image,but without menus.

Try as I may, the simple copy/B command only produces 1K files IF I put a blank txt file in the directory and rename it ot the desired ISO file I wish to copy to; otherwise it bombs with "the system cannot find the file specified", which makes me assume it needs a blank file to copy everything to, right?. I put, " copy /B file 1.gi + file 2.gi file3.iso. (It may be the blank spaces in the .gi files that is throwing the DOS copy command.)

Frank

post-27485-12598591589.jpg

post-27485-125985917245.jpg

post-27485-125985918259.jpg

ImgBurn.log

Edited by kinohead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.