Invalid field in CDB

nitetrain

Please is anyone able to help??

Im trying to set up ImgBurn to do DVD+R DL. I got the Verbatim discs. my problem comes in the setting up of the program. When I go into the little notebook icon tab at the bottom right of the screen I change the first drop down menu to Drive (for DVD+R DL media). Then directly under that I get this....

Current Setting: Unknown (FAILED!)

Reason: Invalid Field in CDB

With this I cant do anything with the second drop down menu to change new setting to DVD-ROM....

Any ideas? and any help would be greatly appreciated....

First you need to tell us what exactly is your burner's name (it's shown in that Change Book Type window you're using) and which tab you're using.

Ok under device on that screen it says:

[3:0:0] ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L KH1A (E:)(ATA)

I hope this is what you needed. honestly I dont know a lot about all this. just tryin to get by. and Ive tried all the tabs. most of them I get the Invalid Field in CDB.

However the LG and the NEC tabs I get Invalid Command Operation Code.

Very sorry if Im not explaining very well and thank you very very much for the assistance.

That drive is a Lite On model, so you should use the Lite On tab. If your drive/firmware support booktyping then it should work with the Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) option.

If you still get an error then the drive/firmware doesn't support booktyping, but don't lose hope just yet: there's a chance that it booktypes to DVD-ROM automatically by itself (most burners do). Unfortunately the only way to know is by burning a DVD+R DL disc :unsure:

That drive is a Lite On model, so you should use the Lite On tab. If your drive/firmware support booktyping then it should work with the Drive (For DVD+R DL Media) option.

If you still get an error then the drive/firmware doesn't support booktyping, but don't lose hope just yet: there's a chance that it booktypes to DVD-ROM automatically by itself (most burners do). Unfortunately the only way to know is by burning a DVD+R DL disc :unsure:

I see...Well I still get the error so I will try to burn one and see if it does this automatically. Thank you very much for your help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.