DVDInfo's incredibly strange Registry branch!

dbminter

I just happened to randomly come across a branch in the Registry that DVDInfo apparently uses. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, the incredibly oddly named ?=K :lol: Wouldn't have even known what it was save for the ExePath of "...DVDInfo.exe" "%1" My guess is it's supposed to represent an Emoticon of some sort?

I just happened to randomly come across a branch in the Registry that DVDInfo apparently uses. Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, the incredibly oddly named ?=K :lol: Wouldn't have even known what it was save for the ExePath of "...DVDInfo.exe" "%1" My guess is it's supposed to represent an Emoticon of some sort?

I admit that due to my relative ignorance of the labrythne that is the Registry I don't muck about with it too much.

However, I looked into the DVDInfoPro folder under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and did not find this strangeness.

Maybe it was done specially for you, minty? :ermm:

That's probably from an old version or something. I believe it came from some corruption somewhere in DVDInfoPro and it ended up making random keys instead of putting things in the correct place.

This 'should' have been fixed in newer versions as Nic re-did all the registry stuff when he added support for IBG files.

I think this is another one of those weird minty moments - lets quietly back out of this topic Pain_Man and then run like shit !!! =))

I'm already ahead of you! julli-looney.gif

Take me to your favorite pub. I want Liffey water straight from the tap! julli-pot.gif

Edited by Pain_Man

That's probably from an old version or something. I believe it came from some corruption somewhere in DVDInfoPro and it ended up making random keys instead of putting things in the correct place.

This 'should' have been fixed in newer versions as Nic re-did all the registry stuff when he added support for IBG files.

The Registry's like women: it don't forget nothing. Looking around I find keys from "uninstalled" programs all over the place.

It could be. I WAS one of those who adopted this program before the Plebians. :D And, I have also downloaded the beta versions from the speedlabs site before. And, a version of DVDInfoPro was licensed into Easy Media 8. So, there is plenty of ample opportunity for an older key to slip in and stay there. I thought it may have just been a joke. Like the Fiend With A Face DVD's disc label: AFIENDINNEEDISAFIENDINDEED! :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.