Burning Problems With Traxdata Ritek G04 Media!

ASTRAL

I have a burning problem with ImagBurn V1.3.0.0 and Traxdata Ritek G04 media. The burn process seems to be fine until the end when I get a sychronized cache failed error, there is no additional sence infomation avaiable and the only message to follow is; Burn Thread Runtime Exception (EAcess Violation)

Ok now the weird thing is the disc hasn't actually been burned to and is still blank media. I am thinking maybe my drive does not like the media. I have successfully burned with ImagBurn to a TDK RW, and also tested the Traxdata media using Nero 7 with very low success. :/ Has anyone else experianced this kind of problem with Sony drives?

Drive Specifications: Sony DRU800A - KY06 (Latest Firmware)

Media: Traxdata 8cm Mini DVD-R 4x Ritek G04

Edited by ASTRAL

is it possible that you checked TEST MODE, that would have simulated the burn proccess but not actually burned anything to a blank DVD. Once upon a time I used GO4's and had great success with a Sony DRU510A but I dont know whats up with Ritek these days they moved to the GO5 8X stuff and they were mixed results and their Dual Layer discs suck.I only burn to Verbatim + and - and also Taiyo Yudens these days with absolutely no coasters in a couple of years,I wouldn't reccommend anything else .BTW Sony hasn't made drives in some time they were /are using LiteOn to manufacture them and just rebadging them not really a true Sony product. The best way to get help is to post a log from IMGburn and then we can see whats happening

It does seem that there is a problem with that media on your drive (or as polopony said, you've got test mode enabled) but the crash is due to me not copying some memory properly!

I found that issue the other day myself when I noticed that the 'deferred' error in the log didn't match the one that then went along with the 'sync cache failed - reason.....' entry.

This has been fixed.

It does seem that there is a problem with that media on your drive (or as polopony said, you've got test mode enabled) but the crash is due to me not copying some memory properly!

I found that issue the other day myself when I noticed that the 'deferred' error in the log didn't match the one that then went along with the 'sync cache failed - reason.....' entry.

This has been fixed.

Thanks for the replys guys, very much appreciated. The test mode was definitely not enabled, so I guess my drive does not like the media. Unfortunately I didn't save my log and really don't want to chance wasting anymore media (The Ritek G04 Mini DVD-R are not as cheap as regular full sized disc's) I do normally stick to Verbataim media, but was using the Traxdada Ritek 8cm discs for another purpose.

Well anyway thanks again for your input :thumbup:

This has been fixed.

Thanks for the replys guys, very much appreciated. The test mode was definitely not enabled, so I guess my drive does not like the media. Unfortunately I didn't save my log and really don't want to chance wasting anymore media (The Ritek G04 Mini DVD-R are not as cheap as regular full sized disc's) I do normally stick to Verbataim media, but was using the Traxdada Ritek 8cm discs for another purpose.

Well anyway thanks again for your input :thumbup:

Hey guys I tried a different burner with the same media and still the same problem., only this time it actually wrote to the disc and is a coaster. Please see my log for more info.

I 16:16:57 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 16:16:57 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:16:57 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:16:57 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:16:57 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD?RWs!

I 16:18:07 Operation Started!

I 16:18:07 Source File: H:\G C ISO's\U-METPR2.ISO

I 16:18:07 Source File Sectors: 712,880 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:18:07 Source File Size: 1,459,978,240 bytes

I 16:18:07 Source File Volume Identifier: METPR2

I 16:18:07 Destination Device: [0:0:0] SONY DVD RW DRU-710A BYX5 (F:) (USB)

I 16:18:07 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKG04 01) (Speeds: 1x, 2x, 4x)

I 16:18:07 Destination Media Sectors: 713,936

I 16:18:07 Write Mode: DVD

I 16:18:07 Write Type: DAO

I 16:18:07 Write Speed: 1x

I 16:18:07 Link Size: Auto

I 16:18:07 Test Mode: No

I 16:18:07 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 16:18:07 Filling Buffer...

I 16:18:08 Writing LeadIn...

I 16:20:19 Writing Image...

I 16:38:23 Synchronising Cache...

W 16:41:13 Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error - Session Fixation Error Writing Lead Out

:(

Edited by ASTRAL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.