Checking SPTD Version?

dbminter

It's probably in the Alcohol 'About' box then :P

Failing that, try and install the 1.62 installer and see if it says it's going to update such and such a version.

Failing everything else, disable the service, reboot and then check the file version of the actual driver file.

You think it would be in the About box for Alcohol but nay.

I wanted to see because I don't think Alcohol's current version works with 1.62. I installed 1.62 and its virtual drives disappeared. So, I reinstalled the app and I think it installed an older version of SPTD over 1.62 to get it working. But, I wanted to be sure. I know the Alcohol installer SAID it was installing 1.58, I think. But, I was wondering a way to do it easily :) to see what version I would have in the future if an update was necessary after they released a new one.

The problem with using the installer is it tells you what version it will install on its splash screen but goes ahead and installs it without telling you what current version is installed. At least, that's what I remember when I installed 1.62 before. I remember it asks to disable the service and then restart and rerun the installer. Which would mean I'd have to update to 1.62 then reinstall Alcohol again, which I've already done once before so I'm not going to repeat it just to have it do what I think it already does. :)

Via the DT 'About' box.

I got to thinking. Installing DT may completely defeat the purpose I would install it for. I would guess DT would want to install SPTD 1.62 or it may not work. At the very least, it would want to install it. It may install it without asking me if I want to. But, it's an option I can try sometime after taking a daily partition image so I can restore back should something go wrong. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.