Device Buffer

linx05

Hi guys. I have a problem which I have no idea how to fix. I've been backing up a couple DVDs lately (can't trust my friends/family when I lend them out :P) and the device buffer only stays at 79% (see attachment).

It stays there, never goes up nor down. The burn turns out perfectly fine. But this never happened before I formated my computer. I burnt a Data CD the other week and it didn't have that problem, the device buffer went right up to 100%.

Is there a setting on ImgBurn that I should change? My buffer size was on default. I decided to increase it up to 35mb to see if it made a difference. No difference.

I have also added the log for the DVD burn. Thank you.

post-162-1145629405_thumb.jpg

ImgBurn.log

Thanks for the responses guys. I will check that tomorrow Shamus (note to self, look up what Shamus post meant). Though I don't see why it would affect it, because burning CDs are fine, it is just DVDs which have the "problem".

Thanks for the responses guys. I will check that tomorrow Shamus (note to self, look up what Shamus post meant). Though I don't see why it would affect it, because burning CDs are fine, it is just DVDs which have the "problem".

Have a re-read of what Lightning_UK mentioned above. It might just be a firmware problem with your burner. Afterall, your main buffer is full. Having your burner and HD (source and destination drives) on seperate IDE, SATA or RAID channels (and using 80 wire IDE ribbon cable where possible), gives your PC the best chance of efficiently moving around the huge amount of data transferred when burning a DVD.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.