Star Trek Rumor

Pain_Man

Souce: TV Guide

J.J. Abrams Beams Up More Star Trek

The Star Trek franchise is being given new life by the Genesis experiment Lost cocreator J.J. Abrams, the man behind this summer's Mission: Impossible III, Variety reports. The as-yet-untitled feature, slated for a fall 2008 release, will focus on the early adventures of James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy; Abrams will direct as well as help write and produce the pic. Is anyone else getting goose bumps, or am I just a big ol' Star Trek geek? Seriously, no one's Kirk Halloween costume could ever compare to mine.

Edited by Pain_Man

I don't know... Shatner is Kirk, Kirk is Shatner, anyone else playing the part would be a heretic and subject to a savage kicking. As a Canadian (Shatner is on our $20 bill) I am rather concerned with the possibility.

I don't know... Shatner is Kirk, Kirk is Shatner, anyone else playing the part would be a heretic and subject to a savage kicking. As a Canadian (Shatner is on our $20 bill) I am rather concerned with the possibility.

You guys have a $20 bill? :)

I don't know... Shatner is Kirk, Kirk is Shatner, anyone else playing the part would be a heretic and subject to a savage kicking.

I would have absolutely agreed even ten years ago. But Shatner's 75 and I think Nimoy's even older. It would be a loooong stretch for septugenarians to save the Universe for the seventh time on the big screen.

Personally, I'd prefer a Voyager movie. Any excuse to put Jeri Ryan back in her "Seven" suit!

But if it can be done well then I'd go see it.

Personally, I think they need to bring Nick Meyer in to either write or co-write the script; at least work on the screen story. He is the man that saved the "franchise." Does anyone really think there would have been eight more movies and four more TV series if Wrath of Khan hadn't been a roaring success?

(BTW: this brings up a long-standing gripe of mine. Why in the name of Mt. Seleya didn't they include "Space Seed" in the "Director's Cut" of Wrath of Khan? Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven includes a B/W episode of "Maverick" where he's a guest star! And Paramount couldn't slip "Space Seed" onto Disc 2 of the set? Instead we get hours of worthless 23 yr old interviews and newer ones with Shatner w/o makeup and very much looking his 70+ yrs?? OK, bitching over.)

I agree the remaining original cast are a little old to be making more flicks. I'd certainly go see another Next Gen feature though, what are we on now, an odd or even numbered movie?

Strangely on topic, but, supposedly, isn't Leonard Nimoy on the Canadian $5 bill? :wink: Or whatever bill it was. I forget, but, once, Weird Al Yankovic made a joke on one of his MuchMusic specials about how the guy on some bill looked like Nimoy.

You guys have a $20 bill? :)

Hell, they have something called a Loonie! =))

Aw come on db, no need to bring our government into this............. :lol: Yes , a loonie and a twoonie. Heard a rumour there was going to be a fifty cent piece called a weenie............. :o:whistling::whistling::lol:

I keep hoping they'll drop the paper $5, and replace it with a coin. I think Weird Al was talking about our old $5. I see the US paper money now has some colour, not just the plain green on all bills of old. Always had trouble with their money, I tipped a $10 bill in a coffee shop down in Idaho once, dropped it in the tip jar thinking it was a $1. Was too embaressed to pull it out.

I do foresee a problem with the American trend of changing the bills every 2 or 3 years or so to stop counterfeiting. There will be so many different versions of bills that it will actually be EASIER to pass off fakes as real. The cashiers will have too many variants to look out for. And, after all, most cashiers are too stupid to be working the registers anyway! :lol: I had some teenager at a grocery store call up her manager because of my golden dollars. Like I'd somehow get rich counterfeiting ones! Let alone HOW could I make a profit counterfeiting COINS?! Like I've some kind of damn metal mine, cutting torches, dies, etc. in my basement?! :rolleyes:

It's legal. My comic store guy likes to hold to on to $2 bills and wait until a kid buys something. He uses them to give to them as change to watch them think he's trying to cheat them. :lol: The American $2 bill was first printed in the 1860's and was last printed in 1997. However, there were so many printed in 1976 that there are several of those that still haven't been circulated yet. For these reasons, there is no printing schedule for the $2 bill. If any are ever needed, they will be printed to order in the future.

An aunt of mine used to send me a $2 bill every year for my birthday. I'm glad she stopped. :lol:

I may be alone in this, but I think this is the best thread hijack ever. How can you start by talking about Star Trek and wind up talking about counterfeit $2 bills? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

And this...this is one of the funniest things I've heard...ever

Like I'd somehow get rich counterfeiting ones! Let alone HOW could I make a profit counterfeiting COINS?! Like I've some kind of damn metal mine, cutting torches, dies, etc. in my basement?!

So true...so true...[about how ridiculous that would be]...yet, somehow, appropriate given your nature, DB!

Edited by Flawless115

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.