Verify failure

Groundrush

Hey guys, been messing around with the new version of ImgBurn(thanks Lightning UK) and had a couple of sample dvds which i thought I'd use. The writing phase went without incident but when it came to verify both disks ceased at around 1.5 / 2GB mark. The disks are blank faced but have a MCC ID so i presume they ok, any ideas as to why they are unable to verify. Thanks in advance.

I'll add the DVD PRO image and also a log file

verifydropoff4tg.png

I 16:29:55 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 16:29:55 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 16:29:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:29:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:29:56 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD+RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 16:30:38 Operation Started!

I 16:30:38 Source File: C:\Compressed\DVD.ISO

I 16:30:38 Source File Sectors: 2,285,857 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:30:38 Source File Size: 4,681,435,136 bytes

I 16:30:38 Source File Volume Identifier: DVD

I 16:30:38 Source File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 16:30:38 Source File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 16:30:38 Destination Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0X (F:) (USB)

I 16:30:38 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: MCC 02RG20) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 16:30:38 Destination Media Sectors: 2,298,496

I 16:30:38 Write Mode: DVD

I 16:30:38 Write Type: DAO

I 16:30:38 Write Speed: 8x

I 16:30:38 Link Size: Auto

I 16:30:39 Test Mode: No

I 16:30:39 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 16:30:39 Filling Buffer...

I 16:30:40 Writing LeadIn...

I 16:31:30 Writing Image...

I 16:41:07 Synchronising Cache...

I 16:41:25 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:10:47

I 16:41:25 Average Write Rate: 7,937 KB/s (5.7x) - Maximum Write Rate: 8,380 KB/s (6.1x)

I 16:41:25 Cycling Tray before Verify...

W 16:41:34 Waiting for device to become ready...

I 16:42:55 Device Ready!

I 16:42:56 Operation Started!

I 16:42:56 Source Device: [0:0:0] LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S YS0X (F:) (USB)

I 16:42:56 Source Media Type: DVD-R (Book Type: DVD-R) (Disc ID: MCC 02RG20) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 16:42:56 Image File: C:\Compressed\DVD.ISO

I 16:42:56 Image File Sectors: 2,285,857 (MODE1/2048)

I 16:42:56 Image File Size: 4,681,435,136 bytes

I 16:42:56 Image File Volume Identifier: DVD

I 16:42:56 Image File Implementation Identifier: DVD Shrink

I 16:42:56 Image File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 16:42:56 Verifying Sectors...

E 16:49:01 Failed to read Sector 891744 - L-EC Uncorrectable Error

E 16:49:01 Failed to Verify Sectors!

E 16:49:01 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:06:05

I 16:49:02 Average Verify Rate: 4,886 KB/s (3.5x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 11,440 KB/s (8.3x)

Edited by Groundrush

Sorry guys but i can't find the disks, i can only pressume that my G/F packed them :unsure: as she returned to the US this morning(she bought them with her to try out). On a side note what is the purpose of a PIPO scan, I've seen " the old" post these on many occasions but don't quite understand the meaning. Any chance of a quick explination.....Thanks :)

The entire 'Drives & Media' section is full of them!

It's a direct representation of the real errors on the disc before any sort of error correction that would be applied to normal 'read' operations.

The PIPO scan will give you an overall quality score for the media.

Basically, if your graphs are a nice green colour, they should be fine.

If you get orange / red spikes, you may have problems.

Any PO errors and you will have problems.

Thanks Lightning Uk and here's one i made earlier... :)

looking at the image i have a rating of 99.53%, is that good bad or indifferent...? and why does the bottom graph only have a few spikes while the top one looks like a ECG for a tripple bypass patient.

piposcan5hz.png

Edited by Groundrush

I'd be interest to see one of the disc that errored out during the verify.

As i said i think my Girlfreind has them and she's going to be knocked sideways with jetlag for a couple of days but as soon as i can I'll get as much info as possible and let you know.

Thanks for the feedback on the PIPO scan. :thumbup:

Hey chewy, the burn it's self was fine, it was just the verify that didn't finish. It's never done that on any other disc just the two samples my G/F bought with her. As for scanning at 4x or 8x, i didn't realize that could be done. :ermm: I have the verify box checked so when the burn has finished the tray cycles and then verifies the disc. Can you verify any disc at any time, if so does this allow you to set the verify speed to your spec'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, i thought I'd continue this thread as the problem i encountered last night is with verifying a disc. The imgburn write sequence went without incident but for some reason when it came to verify nothing happened.Out of curiosity i hit f8 which i think is the de-bug mode to see if it would give me any info other than that on burn log...what you see is self explanatory. :huh:

Anyway to cut a long story short the first disc was Verbatim of which i only have a few left and have been using for the past 50 burns without a problem in the new drive. I then re-burned the file to a Yuden disc which did verify in the normal manner. Just out of curiosity does the burn log tell us anything out of the ordinary or as to why there was no verify. Unfortunately i managed to overwrite the first disc(verbatim) with the attached log. :innocent:

ImgBurn.log

Edited by Groundrush

What exactly did happen once it had finished burning then?

Did it just go back to the main screen, or did it sit there on the burn progress screen?

If it was the latter, the message in the status bar would tell you what's going on.

My guess is that after cycling the tray, the drive failed to initialise the disc again and so the program just sat there waiting for it to become ready - which would never happen unless you eject + reinsert the disc.

That bit is actually automated (for max 3 times), depending on the error returned by the drive when it failed to intialise properly.

The log you've attached there obviously wasn't the one where you had the problem as it burnt + verified ok!

Thanks for he quick reply Lightning UK, i don't recall the tray cycling after the burn but no doubt it must have, if it was waiting for the device to become ready. I was chatting on my other pc, directly beside this one but i don't really recall the sequence of events. I know i didn't do anything up until the point where i changed the disc and re-burned the file then verified. Could it be that it's just a bad disc seeing as I'm almost to the end of the spindle, i don't think that is the case(though i could be wrong) as the image is ok when played on either PC or DVD player.

(Ok my bad, i had ImgBurn set to overwrite the log file. I've now un-checked that so for future reference I'll be able to post individual logs) :thumbup:

Cheers....

Edited by Groundrush

So if you didn't do anything, you can't have had verify enabled at all.

If it failed to start the verify, you'd have had to click the 'stop' button, then accept that you wanted to cancel. I'm sure you'd have remembered doing that ;)

So if you didn't do anything, you can't have had verify enabled at all.

If it failed to start the verify, you'd have had to click the 'stop' button, then accept that you wanted to cancel. I'm sure you'd have remembered doing that ;)

=)) ha ha ha I can't remember if I'm going senile in my old age......:ermm: Since my last batch of troublesome discs i have verify checked each time i start the burn so it does what it does without any input from me. I only recall the verify stage taking forever to start so i ejected the disc not via the GUI but the button on my writer, then burnt the T/Y disc. (I'm currently trying to find the Verd' disc to see if it will verify independantly)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.