Fully compatible 7 x64 CD ripper/converter

dr_ml422

Hi. Happy New Year to all. I need a fully compatible 7 x64 Home CD Ripper/Converter so I can use when compiling/condensing my music so then ImgBurn can .cue the files. Fully compatible. Not issue free. Not I haven't experienced any issues. Compatible, tried and tested as ImgBurn is. I used CDex in the past, but I installed it recently and I don't think it's fully compatible. Issues during installation. I think WMP can maybe work to edit then throw the remaining files into the Playlist or w/e so ImgBurn can .cue them. I'm not sure 100% though. MP3 is best and/or quickest. That way I just delete w/e and then just let ImgBurn do the rest. Freeware is always appreciated, but if nothing really compatible then I'll buy something that is fully compatible. I've done some searching, but a lot of freeware still stuck on XP, Vista etc... No not everything Vista is 7 compatible. Been there. Especially x64 7. Thanks. :)

Doesn't Exact Audio Copy (EAC) work?

Hi Lightning. I just now tried downloading it 4 times. 7 x64 will not let me download it saying it's a threat to my computer. Any suggestions? I also thought this was pay for software. Let me know. I'm using MS Essentials and have been able to download everything else. Thnx.

Also this converts as well? ImgBurn will not make .cue files of pure audio files if I'm correct. it'll .cue all other formats.

I've used EAC for years but only on XP and not with x64 anything, sorry... having said that, this page may help with any incompatibilities you may face (if I understand correctly it may be best on Win 7 to install it somewhere other than the usual Program Files directory).

Yes it converts as well, the configuration wizard gives you the option of setting up for MP3 if you wish.

You might want to take a look through this guide to the various EAC options for a better understanding of the program, including compression options if you'd prefer a different format.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_configuration

Edit: You should be able to download it safely from RareWares if you're still having problems.

Edited by jeff_nz

I've used EAC for years but only on XP and not with x64 anything, sorry... having said that, this page may help with any incompatibilities you may face (if I understand correctly it may be best on Win 7 to install it somewhere other than the usual Program Files directory).

Yes it converts as well, the configuration wizard gives you the option of setting up for MP3 if you wish.

You might want to take a look through this guide to the various EAC options for a better understanding of the program, including compression options if you'd prefer a different format.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=EAC_configuration

Edit: You should be able to download it safely from RareWares if you're still having problems.

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Temporary fixes that just don't really work. If it's having compatibility issues then it's just not compatible. No sweat.

What I meant about ImgBurn not being able to create a audio file, I meant not being able to create a original audio file from a original audia file. ie: it will not make a .cue of a .cda file, only other formats. That's why I use another program to rip my music to mp3s for instance, delete what I don't want and continue until I have what I do want. Then I'll load up ImgBurn to make a .cue file of the mp3s that will be able to be read by my DJs equipment. We discovered it read .cue files a while back, so it was a real time saver. You see a lot of DJ equipment unless way top of the line will only read audio files. Just so happens his recorder or w/e reads the .cue files w/the titles and everything. :thumbup:

Now to FF. If they were so real, which I love it when they're working, then they would of kept up w/7 way back since the RC came out. Almost a year now. Lightning did it asap. So, I'll be using IE 8 until FF is definitely stable. No problem. I find my download speeds etc... are more stable w/IE 8. Uncle Bill is not that bad. He just doesn't like anyone else to join the party. :)

Now I'm installing apps. 1 at a time until they pass compatibility before I go and activate this OS. So far ttytt, only real stable apps. I have are Fab, ImgBurn, MS Essentials, and I'm seeing if The new Acronis True is causing any issues. I could live w/these for now. Worst case scenario I'll just use WMP to delete the audio files I don't want and ImgBurn to create the .cue files. ImgBurn converts WMA files to .cue I believe so that's fine if needed.

On installing EAC, there's several posts on how AV proggies will show it as Cynthia and I mentioned because of some adware proggies w/in. They say if you uncheck them it will definitely ring a alarm. Softpedia has this posted.

Excuse the delay in responding, I have to go to control panel here and adjust the reply feature. Just read it in my email. Had all you guys' replies since last time I checked I only saw Cynthia's.

Edited by dr_ml422

cda files aren't real files, they're just something windows shows to the end user.

The cdda sectors on the disc would typically be extracted into a pcm or raw file. Some may append a wave header to that pcm/raw data and then call them wav files.

wav, pcm and raw are all supported by ImgBurn's CUE feature. You'd only compress/encode them to MP3 etc to save space.

Are you still looking for suggestions?

Some people prefer dBpoweramp over EAC (but I'm not one of them).

According to their website it's compatible with Windows 7 and 64 bit versions. The 'free' version is severely crippled but there's a trial version which should give you an idea if you need the additional features and want to pay for them.

Another alternative for you might be foobar2000, it's a freeware audio player with native support for many audio formats and has a cd ripping component built in. It can rip selected tracks to wav or convert them to a compressed format of your choice to save space like mp3 (lossy) or flac (lossless) etc by copying the relevant encoder to the the main foobar2000 directory (e.g. lame.exe or flac.exe). The website says it supports Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse the late response. I'll get around to some of these suggestions asaic. Meanwhile I'll look into WMP's ripping/burning which I think can convert to .mp3 format. That would work as I can save all converted files that I want and then use ImgBurn to .cue them and burn as well. :)

I'm not well informed about CDDA stuff and headers yet so that to is on my to learn list. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.