NRG Images

Neil Wilkes

I have just tried to write an NRG image with IMGBurn, and failed - I got a message telling me the format is an unsupported one.

Is this because the NRG image was a CD image as opposed to a DVD image?

probably, I don't have the specs for the nrg file format so it's all a bit of guess work and I can't say as I've ever made a Nero cd image so wouldn't have ever tested it!

Me too!

It's a file that was sent by a potential client - CD image of an album he wants remixed into 5.1

I wish people would not use Nero images though - I loathe that piece of software myself.

Appreciate the information - thank you.

Oh, when you say a CD image of an album he wants remixed. That implies it's an audio CD/music CD/CD-A/some music CD format CD, right? That's probably the problem. Multi-track images, which CD Audio discs are, is not supported yet by ImgBurn.

Oh, when you say a CD image of an album he wants remixed. That implies it's an audio CD/music CD/CD-A/some music CD format CD, right? That's probably the problem. Multi-track images, which CD Audio discs are, is not supported yet by ImgBurn.

Yep - that is exactly it.

For some odd reason he sent an .nrg CD-DA image instead of a CD-A disc!

Are there any plans to include CD images in IMGBurn at all?

It's on the books. :) But, it's something that will be in the future, so, there's no target date on it, as far as I know. Last I had heard, LUK needs to dig into those images and see how they work. ;) Sometimes, we just need to roll up our sleeves, code some test runs, and just learn by feeling around. :lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.