Is ImgBurn more reliable than DVD Decrypter?

okyup

Strangely I didn't know DVD Decrypter was replaced by ImgBurn until yesterday....

Anyways... I always use Verbatims, but I've had a lot of discs stalling and having big problems with garbled audio/video for periods in the second half.

I think it might be related to buffer becoming empty, maybe because my HD is really fragmented.

Well I've used ImgBurn now for ~5 DVDs and even used Verify (never used it on DVD Decrypter) and have had no problems at all.

Is it more reliable at this?

Is there a need to use Verify? This just reports if there were problems, right? If I'm having no problems consistently, then it's a waste 20 min?

Cheers and great product!

LUK has always stated that continuing development of ImgBurn's burning engine means it's significantly better than the one in DVDD, though I don't know whether or not the improvements mitigate any problems that could have resulted in the "discs stalling and having big problems with garbled audio/video" issue that you mention.

See the last paragraph of this Wikipedia article.

As for 'Verify', the accepted wisdom is that it's always worth doing. I always switch it on, though it only takes ~6 minutes for a full single-layer DVD on my machine. You could skip it if you're confident of the behaviour of your burner/media combination or like taking risks :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.