Administrative privileges to use SPTI

TechieJustin

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Sometimes I get this error message, sometimes I don't.

I am set to Power User rights on the local machine.

I 01:56:06 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
I 01:56:06 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
I 01:56:06 Total Physical Memory: 4,126,260 KB  -  Available: 3,045,640 KB
I 01:56:06 Initialising SPTI...
I 01:56:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
E 01:56:08 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\?\ide#cdromjlms_xj-hd166s__________________________ds19____#6&2ec5fd91&0&0.0.0#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}' (D:)
E 01:56:08 Reason: Access is denied.
E 01:56:10 CreateFile Failed! - Device: '\\?\ide#cdromphilips_spd2410l1_______________________m5p4____#6&2ec5fd91&0&0.1.0#{53f56308-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}' (F:)
E 01:56:10 Reason: Access is denied.
W 01:56:10 Errors were encountered when trying to access 2 drives.
W 01:56:10 These drives will not be visible in the program.
E 01:56:10 You need Administrative privileges to use SPTI.

Right-click ImgBurn's shortcut and select Run as Administrator. Does it work OK when you do that?

Alternatively you could try using another I/O interface (you can change it in Tools -> Settings -> I/O tab).

Right-click ImgBurn's shortcut and select Run as Administrator. Does it work OK when you do that?

Alternatively you could try using another I/O interface (you can change it in Tools -> Settings -> I/O tab).

Which interface should I use? I'm also using it with DVD flick - DVD flick will start imgburn on its own and burn the DVD.

SO I have two copies on my system, the normal imgburn and the copy in DVD flick's folder.

Apparently I have to install an aspi "manager"

The thing is, it worked once. I reboot and try to burn a DVD, come home and find that error. I added the file to the registry, went into the policy editor - did that.

Since i went to 2.5.0.0 is when i started having these issues.

Sounds like Windows 7 doesn't like imgburn. Which doesn't surprise me since Microsoft is declaring war on free software.

Forget ASPI, that's not the one to use.

Patin-Couffin doesn't really work on Windows 7 (or so I'm told) so that leaves you with ElbyCDIO.

If you shut your machine right down, start it up again, log on and run ImgBurn, do you still get the errors in the log?

Under Windows 7, Admins and the interactive user as supposed to have read/write permissions on removable drives - which means SPTI should work just fine.

Do you have UAC enabled?

What if you use the default account (which would have admin permissions) ? UAC is still there to give you some protection. Personally I think it's a bit OTT to make limited users for home use - unless you have no faith in yourself (or whoever you make the limited account for) of course!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.