VIDEO TS

hamburger

IF I USE IMGBURN TO BURN MY VIDEO'S HOW DO I GET THE MOVIE TO BECOME A VIDEO_TS FILE?

I noticed you were directed to a link to read the instruction guide, but if you are like I was, I still felt lost after reading the information cause I simply didn't understand the process... Everyone isn't instructional savvy and needs someone to put what they don't understand into laymen terms... After all you said you were a NEWBIE... Well from one NEWBIE to another lets see if this explanation will help...

I found "Free Video to DVD Converter" simple and easy to use to create the Video_TS file you need to write to a disc with IMGBurn... I recommend that you download the "Free Studio Manger 4.3.4.75" version as it will provide 23 free programs to help you convert, edit, etc... You can download version 4.3.5.74 from the dvdvideosoft.com site or the latest 4.3.5.75 from snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fwvideconvert...

I wasted a disgraceful amount of disc before it dawned on me to follow these steps in this order and I've been kickin' Butt over 200 successful burns to date...

1... convert with dvdvideosoft converter or (SoThink which does it all) I believe that DVDVIDEOSOFT converts faster but doesn't provide menu's if that's your thing

2... build VIDEO_TS file with IMGBURN (using ISO9660 + UDF file system) this format plays on most older stand alone players if using a new model check your players guide to see what format it supports and set "File System" accordingly...

3... Burn a ReWritable disc first (this is where I was able to stop wasting disc due to errors), Test the disc in the in your DVD Player and if it plays without any video or audio issues pop in a regular disc and burn the file again. I normally set the Device tab to 2 making sure to check the eject box so the first copy opens and request the 2nd disc to burn...

Some might think this is time consuming, but being on a budget teaches you patience as waste can become very expensive real quick when your having to purchase Blanks due to stupid mistakes..

Note: there are other free converting programs to work with and I've tried quite a few before I stuck with DVDVIDEOSOFT's converter and SoThink's program which does it all with little error. As previously shared, SoThink converts and creates nice menu's, but will also allow you to create the file if you choose to burn at another time

Good Luck!

I noticed you were directed to a link to read the instruction guide, but if you are like I was, I still felt lost after reading the information cause I simply didn't understand the process... Everyone isn't instructional savvy and needs someone to put what they don't understand into laymen terms... After all you said you were a NEWBIE... Well from one NEWBIE to another lets see if this explanation will help...

mmalves link wasn't to instructions, it was to an identical thread by the same person where this question had already been asked and answered.

I may delete your post as it looks an awful lot like spam to me... we shall see.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.