Leptospirosis & Soda Cans

Pain_Man

Hah! I got the Urban Legend first!

My wife sent me an email she received from a friend about soda cans contaminated with a powerful bacteria called Leptospirosis--which reportedly killed a woman. julli-stol.gif

Doing a minter, I checked snopes. com.

Guess what: FALSE. :thumbup:

Here's the snopes.com page: 'Tis an Urban Legend.... which debunks this (which I considered unlikely anyway).

Leptospirosis-- VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

This incident happened recently in North Texas.

A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was

taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit. She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass.

Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances.

It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in

warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that Shamus, I get a shitload of those kinds of things from friends, co-workers and relatives, I debunk it on Snopes and reply to all with the link for them to see it is BS.

MYM

I still feel like I'm missing out. Not a single spam in 3 years. What if I really want my genitals to be 22 times larger than they are now? Or become rich beyond my wildest dreams? What if I want to spray pheremones all over myself and attract "hot, sexy women" in my local area? Perhaps I really need that rectal lube to improve my health or to hand out my bank details so some poor fooker overseas has somewhere to place his squandered millions. Alas, it is not to be.

Hah! I got the Urban Legend first!

My wife sent me an email she received from a friend about soda cans contaminated with a powerful bacteria called Leptospirosis--which reportedly killed a woman. julli-stol.gif

Doing a minter, I checked snopes. com.

I wish I could take all the credit for that other case. :D But, I only had the feeling that it "sounded too good to be true." So, I figured it probably didn't happen and then thought of reasons why it probably wouldn't. I should have thought to check snopes.com because I've used it many times before to search up on things like giant camel spiders in Iraq. But, spinningwheel thought of it first. :)

I haven't visited Snopes in a while. Being the sceptical, baby-killing atheist that I am, there's not a lot I place a great deal of merit in. Penis enlargement pills, fundamentalists and psychics least of all. ;)

I sense you doubt our powers... :arabia: There! I have proven that divine powers of mind reading (Those of us who practice it call it Karnac.) exists! Without a doubt, argument won. Psychics, one; doubting, farting digits 0. :teehee:

I sense you doubt our powers... :arabia: There! I have proven that divine powers of mind reading (Those of us who practice it call it Karnac.) exists! Without a doubt, argument won. Psychics, one; doubting, farting digits 0. :teehee:

I assume you've applied for the $1,000,000 reward offered by The Skeptics Society? No? :P

I assume you've applied for the $1,000,000 reward offered by The Skeptics Society? No? :P

No, I haven't applied yet, however, since I am astral projection through the Fourth Dimension, I already have in the future and claimed the prize by reviving Houdini from the dead. Even he, who helped set up such a fund, had to admit, it was a fair cop and pretty damn good trick! :thumbup:

Actually, no. The doctor told me it would be one fixed price for an office visit to get a new prescription, but, after paying that fixed price, tried to send me another bill later on. Uh, uh. So, I still have a few left. :devil:

I could use it actually, for that goddamn $87 "reconnect" fee for a simple prescription.

BTW, that phrase I used actually has a meaning. :D It was part of a series of 10 phrases used in 1940's radio to test potential announcers to see how well they could speak and be understood.

In a way. My father was the late Minister Of Scams to the almighty, his majesty King Missassah Mfube Ntamya, former queen of Nigeria before hisher ousting in an unlawfully legal coup. Before heshe was forced to leave office, heshe hid away $80 million ($80,000,000) USD up the urethra. All I need is access to a small seed fee to get at hisher small seeds and get the money. I will gladly give you 15% of this total in exchange, in addition to reimbursement of the few minor fees such as airline travel. Afterwards, though, I will find you, beat you up, and take it all back. But, surely, in the name of the poor, the starving, God, and 9-11, you can help me help you help myself, right?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.