Write button Stays greyed out

texasbubba

I am really new at DVD burning and can't get the Write" button to turn gree so I can burn the ISO file I shrund using DVD Shrink 3.2. I keep getting this message, "Device Not Ready: No reference position found. I followed the guide on how to get Imgburn to work with DVD Shrink but I continue to get the same message. Can someone give me some ideas?? Thanks. :'(

can you post an imgburn log please.

are you sure you have a dvd burner and not a combo drive?

Thanks for your reply. I'm so new at this I don't know how to post the Imgburn log to you. No, I'm not sure if I have a DVD burner or combo drive. Please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks for your reply. I'm so new at this I don't know how to post the Imgburn log to you. No, I'm not sure if I have a DVD burner or combo drive. Please excuse my ignorance.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1100 with a plug-in that allows me to watch DVD's on it. I can burn CD's but wanted to try DVD's. Again, excuse my ignorance.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1100 with a plug-in that allows me to watch DVD's on it. I can burn CD's but wanted to try DVD's. Again, excuse my ignorance.

Ifigured out how to give you the Imgburn log. Even a blind hog finds ab acorn now and then.

I 11:52:20 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 11:52:20 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 11:52:20 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:52:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:52:21 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

Ah as corny guessed in his post above this bit tells us that you have a DVD-ROM for watching DVD's and a CD Rewriter......

You will need to get a DVD?RW to be able to write DVD's........

Ah as corny guessed in his post above this bit tells us that you have a DVD-ROM for watching DVD's and a CD Rewriter......

You will need to get a DVD?RW to be able to write DVD's........

Thanks for the ifo. I just put a DVD-RW blank into the drive and got the followinf:

I 12:21:03 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 12:21:03 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 12:21:03 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:21:03 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:21:03 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW!

As said above, your drive is what's called a combo drive, it is NOT capable of BURNING DVD's, it can only read them, it is ONLY a CD BURNER.

Thanks Kenadjian. I wasn't aware of that. Your info i highly appreciated. Thanks again. :)

As said above, your drive is what's called a combo drive, it is NOT capable of BURNING DVD's, it can only read them, it is ONLY a CD BURNER.

Thanks Kenadjian. I wasn't aware of that. Your info i highly appreciated. Thanks again. :)

Buy a Pioneer. They're much more "new user" friendly.

You're welcome. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.