Error writing ISO File

aks

Hi,

I own a movie DVD and want to make a copy as the original is getting a lot of workout. I used sonic to create an image on my HDD and tried to use IMGBurn to create the copy. I get an error about the ISO being larger (as I believe it is a DVD9) and I am trying to copy to 2 DVD5 disks. I do not have a DL burner. Please see the attached log file and let meknow where the problem is. I thought IMGBurn would automatically find the layer break and create 2 disks. The media I am using is Sony and I have used it a lot without any problems, in the past

ImgBurn___fail_harry_potter.log

You're right about one thing - the source is DVD9. ImgBurn will not split an ISO for burning either. I do have a few suggestion though.

Compress your DVD so it fits on a DVD5 (Pretty easy)

Split your ISO with Vob******* and burn it to 2 disks (not for the faint of heart).

Buy a dual-layer burner - the most simple and elegant solution.

You might want to try a dedicated backup forum for a proper answer as legal contraints prohibit us from telling you how to accomplish what you wish to do. Yeah..... it sucks but that's life.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The movie i am copying is Harry Potter1 (I own the movie and want to copy into a new disk as it has started to give problems). This movie plays almost weekly at our place.

Let me know if you can help!

You're right about one thing - the source is DVD9. ImgBurn will not split an ISO for burning either. I do have a few suggestion though.

Split your ISO with Vob******* and burn it to 2 disks (not for the faint of heart).

You might want to try a dedicated backup forum for a proper answer as legal contraints prohibit us from telling you how to accomplish what you wish to do. Yeah..... it sucks but that's life.

Unfortunatly this is the best we can do.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The movie i am copying is Harry Potter1 (I own the movie and want to copy into a new disk as it has started to give problems). This movie plays almost weekly at our place.

regardless of if you own the disc or not , as mentioned by Shamus and Kenadjian , we can do no more to help you , sorry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.