Error Trying to burn ISO

William

use Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden discs ,they are the best and sadly Ritek is just not what it used to be .For legal reasons we DO NOT discuss Decrypter legal reasons are why its no longer supported and the forum is shut down.

Please consider us technologically impared. My wife and I have created a slide show presentation with Photodex. They recommended ImgBurn.com. We have downloaded the software (v1.3.0.0) but get these messages: "Logical Unit In Process... - when no disc loaded). Medium Not Present (with disc loaded). We have attempted to burn Memorex DVD+RW, Fugi DVD+R, and Plextor DVD+R. Can anyone out there offer assistance?

any chance you could post a log in your next post?

open imgburn, press 'L' on your keyboard if the log window doesnt appear, then insert a blank disc and copy and paste the whole log please

Please consider us technologically impared. My wife and I have created a slide show presentation with Photodex. They recommended ImgBurn.com. We have downloaded the software (v1.3.0.0) but get these messages: "Logical Unit In Process... - when no disc loaded). Medium Not Present (with disc loaded). We have attempted to burn Memorex DVD+RW, Fugi DVD+R, and Plextor DVD+R. Can anyone out there offer assistance?

right away you mention Memorex if its CMC dye its some of the worst crap there is suitable for landfill .The dye manufacturer is the all important thing to consider when buying media brands dont mean a thing .To see who manufactures your discs open IMGburn put a blank in the BURNER and read off the manufacturers ID it looks like this_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG 2.1A (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 1,797,934

Size: 3,682,168,832 bytes

Time: 399:34:34 (MM:SS:FF)

Supported Write Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x

Pre-recorded Information:

Manufacturer ID: MCC 03RG20

these are Verbatim 16x blanks with MCC dye Mitsibushi Chemicals just about the best also Taiyo Yuden as I mentioned above .Any files you have VOBs, BUPs etc must be changed into an ISO image in order for IMGburn to write it .DVD Shrink can make iso's

If we can the log it will help us out a lot - I wonder, do you actually have a DVD burner in your PC ? I was wondering if maybe its only a CD burner..... :huh:

If those messages are in the status bar, the log wont show anything and nor will the window on the right.

Your drive must be failing to initialise the discs - and until it does that, no software can do anything with them.

If you're on the latest firmware and have tried various discs (like you say you have)... chances are, the drive is faulty.

Do try updating the firmware first though. It would appear yours is a Dell machine - yeah?

http://ftp.us.dell.com/rmsd/NECND353_v104C.zip

The above links to the latest firmware for the NEC ND-3530A

nothing really, just the the firmware kinda matches with dells one.

It's not a very common drive either and most post I looked at on other forums were from people with dell machines - or at least they were given the same info - to try the latest dell firmware.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.