Autoplay Option fails for BD (Win7 Ultimate 64bit)

guru1968

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with Windows7, namely the anoying questioning whether to use Live FileSystem or Mastered Mode each time I insert an empty BD (i.e. Blu-Ray); I don't have that problem with empty CDs or DVDs (there automatically ImgBurn is launched, but not for empty BDs).

after some minutes of investigation I learned this is due to Windows Autoplay "feature" which is not setup properly for empty BDs...

Now the question/support-inquiry:

the "Burn an Image with ImgBurn"/"Built + Burn an Image with ImgBurn" options are only available for empty CDs and empty DVDs, but not for empty BDs (there only: "Burn with Windows Explorer", "no Action" and "Ask each time")!

YES - I did check the according options in (Tools -> Settings -> Registry), and YES - I did run ImgBurn as Administrator when applying those settings...

-- didn't help, still the option to use ImgBurn is not available for empty BDs...

I am using an licensed (registered/activated/even bought ;-) version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit!

I do know how to use Regedit, so if you simply could tell me what keys need to be modified/added, I'm quite happy with that...

bRgds,

Guru

<update>

I guess I figured out what went wrong

- ImgBurn uses wrong registry keys for Blu-Rays:

HKCU > Software > Classes > ImgBurn.AutoPlay.1 > shell > HandleBluRayBurningOnArrival_BuildImage/_BurnImage

...but Windows expects something different:

HKCU > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > AutoplayHandlers > HandleBDBurningOnArrival

could this be a localisation issue? (I'm using German Win7)

anyways: fixing this does not instantly make ImgBurn available for empty BDs, maybe this requires a reboot; not possible a.t.m - still burning ;-)

<update2>

renaming the ImgBurn handlers is a bad idea... won't work!

what actually did work:

just add the entries for HandleBluRayBurningOnArrival in HandleBDBurningOnArrival

(HKLM > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > AutoplayHandlers > EventHandler)

don't know why it didn't work with the BluRay keyy but only with the BD key...

- maybe the BluRay key wasn't listed in the UserChosenExecuteHandlers key? (but manually adding it there didn't help as well)

Edited by guru1968

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.