Windows 7 issue with imgburn

brickjohnstone

I am currently running windows 7 home premium x64 and now that I have installed imgburn 2.5.1 I seem to be having problems. The 3 problems I seem to be having is that it no longer shows imgburn on the desktop when I put my cursor over the thumbnail in the task bar and when I have another program taking up the whole screen and I put my cursor over the thumbnail it just shows me my desktop but no imgburn. Also when I have cursor over the thumbnail it would maximize it back onto my desktop but it no longer does that either. Only when I click the imgburn incon in the taskbar will be maximize. My last problem is when I have 2 instances of imgburn and both are minimized I can not maximize unless I close out an instance of imgburn first. any help would be appreciated.

i can reproduce only one. (edit: two)

i can see the thumbview, but when i click on it does not bring imgburn to the forground.

My last problem is when I have 2 instances of imgburn and both are minimized I can not maximize unless I close out an instance of imgburn first

i can reproduce this one.

One more issue i found. Win7 x64.

if right click when i have the 2 instances minimized, and choose restore, i cannot minimize them again. :(

Unless, i use the taskbar, right click and choose minimize to tray, then it starts working fine again.

But the below pic is the result

My other program is just firefox.

Edited by dirio49

one more bug.

Picture says it allpost-92-126887611522.png

Edit: forgot to mention, the that does not have a thumbview, cannot be minimized by clicking on the minimize button on imgburn.

Edited by dirio49

I can reproduce it now when I understand how it should work.

True when you hoover over the thumbnail it should show the program on the desktop and if you click on the thumbnail it should "put" it up not hidden any more.

post-20-126888008115.png

Hmm I think there are only 2 ways to solve this:

1. Do away with the new bit of code that forces the main window to be used as the picture on the preview tab things. Notice how in 2.5.0.0 you had the log window displayed there if it was visible and the main form had focus, then if the log had focus the preview would be of the main form.

2. Use the 'MainFormOnTaskbar' option to do away with the normal 'hidden' main window that you get with apps from Delphi/C++ Builder so Vista/Windows 7 can then interact with it (the main form) properly. Trouble is, some different odd things can happen with that as the app simply wasn't designed for it - it would need lots of testing!

It's ok, I've reproduced it myself - hence why I've posted the possible solutions.

I don't use Windows 7 as my OS so I hadn't noticed it myself. Saw what you meant in a virtual machine though.

i like 2 :)

but up to you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.