If you're a "Heat"...there's good news

Pain_Man

De Niro and Pacino: The Heat Is On Again

Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, who appeared in their first scene together in 1995's Heat, are in talks to reprise their roles for a video-game spin-off ? either a prequel or sequel ? of the heist thriller.

IMO, this movie has has the all-time best bankrobbery scene ever filmed. (The intro armored car robbery ain't bad either.) If only Mann had left that stupid subplot about Vincent Hannah's (Al Pacino) stepdaughter*'s attempted suicide. You could cut thirty minutes out by leaving that on the cutting room floor and have a much tighter, faster paced movie.

Am I the only one that wonder's if Amy Brennerman's character drove off with the $6M in cash in the trunk of the car and just disappeared?

Also, look closely for a cameo by Tom Noonan (the psycho-killer in the first filmed version, entitled Manhunter of Thomas Harris' Red Dragon, the book that introduced Hannibal Lecter to the world). Both are Mann movies, not coincidentially.

*Played by the utterly delicious Natalie Portman before she was, ah, utterly delicious. Or Padme for that matter.

Edited by Pain_Man

IMO, this movie has has the all-time best bankrobbery scene ever filmed. (The intro armored car robbery ain't bad either.)

Am I the only one that wonder's if Amy Brennerman's character drove off with the $6M in cash in the trunk of the car and just disappeared?

I agree, i don't think any other film has come close to matching that scene since, and no, you are not the only one to ponder that question :thumbup:

Edited by Groundrush

IMO, this movie has has the all-time best bankrobbery scene ever filmed. (The intro armored car robbery ain't bad either.)

I agree, i don't think any other film has come close to matching that scene since, and no, you are not the only one to ponder that question :thumbup:

Why wouldn't you drive off with the money? They weren't looking for her, had no idea what she looked like or that McCauley even knew her. Besides, he'd made her an unwitting accomplice to murder, robbery, all kinds of shit. They'd have thrown the book at her just because they had someone to throw it at.

To just disappear with $6M in cold, hard cash. Turn it into bearer bonds, wire it to a bank in the Caymans, fly to Brazil, withdraw it, transfer it by hand to another Brazilian bank and spend the rest of your days working on melanoma in sultanic ease in Rio.

I love that film - the central robbery scene in the film is fantastic and the noise of the bullets on the gunfight afterwards still has me ducking for cover.

I really need to re-watch it tho, I remembered Pacino's film wife trying to commit suicide not the lovely NP !! :)

To just disappear with $6M in cold, hard cash. Turn it into bearer bonds, wire it to a bank in the Caymans, fly to Brazil, withdraw it, transfer it by hand to another Brazilian bank and spend the rest of your days working on melanoma in sultanic ease in Rio.

=)) You sound as if you've had previous experience in this sort of thing.....?

and as LFC says, I'll have to dig the movie out and re-watch it at the weekend :thumbup:

I love that film - the central robbery scene in the film is fantastic and the noise of the bullets on the gunfight afterwards still has me ducking for cover.

I really need to re-watch it tho, I remembered Pacino's film wife trying to commit suicide not the lovely NP !! :)

Yep, watch it, again, crule. The stepdaughter gets into Lt. Hannah (Pacino)'s julli-lcop.gif hotel room, runs a bath and tries to kill herself Roman style. He comes back to the hotel and finds the stepdaughter (Natalie Portman) nearly dead in from shock (i.e. blood loss).

And yeah, that ultimate robbery scene is INSANE! julli-ivrig2.gif

It's a great movie for turning up the surround sound REALLY freakin' LOUD. The hell with the neighbors for twenty minutes.

Sometimes I pop the disk in just to watch that scene.

--->>>What a shame that Tom Sizemore can't control his dope addictions. He's such a brilliant actor. I hope he can get his shit together.

=)) You sound as if you've had previous experience in this sort of thing.....?

and as LFC says, I'll have to dig the movie out and re-watch it at the weekend :thumbup:

If it weren't for all the dead cops...no problem. And that prison thing. Prison is what's kept me out of prison--and I had plenty of opportunities in my youth for illicit gain. But I was a skinny, white kid. When they send you up you have to join the white supramacist dickheads or end up being traded for cigarettes. Since that would NEVER happen, I'd most likely end up dead. No, thanks.

To turn around a line from McCauley (DeNiro's character), "The money is NOT worth the stretch." (!)

No, no experience. Just a lot of time to think about how to get away with a crime. My goal is to write novels. So I spend a lot of time thinking about scenarios like this: "If I were a criminal, how would I get money out of the country? Where would I go? How would I move it?" Etc.

db is the real criminal here :mugshot: He has been murdering optical drives for years now !!! :lol:

He does seem to drive them hard.

On the other hand, to be fair to him, it is a bit of an addiction. julli-baby.gif I took it up only in Aug of '03 and I've already had five on this Vaio.

db is the real criminal here :mugshot: He has been murdering optical drives for years now !!! :lol:

On the other hand, to be fair to him, it is a bit of an addiction. julli-baby.gif I took it up only in Aug of '03 and I've already had five on this Vaio.

Ouch..... :(

Ouch..... :(

I quit julli-rog.gif now I've got money to spend on other more...durable things.

Plus, it makes the wife happy. The asthma inhaler spends more time in the box. Don't have to hide from the kid. Win-win-win-win. julli-cools.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.