There's a serious bug about ISO9660 FS

snow_xmas

If I created an image with ISO9660 FS without Joliet, folders with non-english name can't be opened by Windows Explorer.

The meaning of this dialog box is "Can not open H:\电大——操作系统. Disc is destroyed and can't read".

The image, loaded by Alcohol 52%, contains a folder called "电大——操作系统" which can not be opened.

post-32809-126906039967.png

Edited by snow_xmas

Seriously, you shouldn't really be using non-english characters with just ISO9660. It's simply not meant for that.

You're relying on system locale conversion (i.e. 'for non-unicode programs' regional setting).

The characters you're using there are double byte ones and I only left support for those in the program because it semi handled them in 2.5.0.0 - but I corrected the file extension bit.

Please upload something with the name of that folder in full (as it stands on your hdd) so I can look into the issue though.

oops, my bad.

Must just be that WinRAR can't handle unicode in 7z files or something.

snow_xmas, what's your system locale set to in regional settings please? The one for 'non unicode' programs.

WinRAR really do not support Unicode file-name so I compressed it with "7-zip". Maybe decompressing it with "7-zip" is well. I recorded the two folders' name to a txt-file so that you can create your own folder with my folder-names.

folderNames.txt

Edited by snow_xmas

You might have missed my reply but it's all fixed now.

I've also mentioned the '?' display issue to the rarlab team. The names are fine once extracted, they just don't look right in the GUI. There are no problems displaying the same names in the GUI from within a ZIP or RAR archive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.