Improve Weird Error Message During CUE File Creation

scuzzy

I found an 83Mb MP3 audio file (a house music mix about an hour long) which causes ImgBurn to fail with a weird error when I create a CUE file that references the clip, but only on Windows 2000 - ImgBurn on my Windows XP box handles the clip just fine. FooBar2000 (versions 0.9.4.3 and 1.0.1 respectively) plays the clip just fine on both boxes. So does VLC.

The first screenshot shows the dialog box which is displayed after IB chunters away analysing the clip for a few seconds. If I click 'Yes' to continue anyway, the second dialog box appears, and if I click 'Yes' to continue after that then IB shows the track time as "Unknown" (not that it matters given that only silence has been read :shifty: ).

I assume the underlying cause is a deficiency in the Windows 2000 MP3 decoder (and that XP has a better one), and there is no fault in IB - but maybe the meaning of the error message could be clarified ... ? Or maybe not, if "error 0x00000003" doesn't mean very much.

(Yes, I know M$ ceases Windows 2000 support in June .... but presumably the same IB code is relevant to later Windows versions.)

post-4902-126966517981.jpg

post-4902-126966601778.jpg

0x00000003 means 'An operation was aborted because of an error.'

Index Progess is basically Decoding Progress (I've corrected that name now - log was already correct) and essentially the filter failed to process anything as the progress is 0 bytes.

That's why the digital silence one then comes up (but it probably shouldn't do).

I should probably make it so that if no decoding progress has been made (as is the case here), that first error box doesn't give you the option to continue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.