Improve Minimal Error Message From CUE Sheet Analysis During Audio Burn

scuzzy

I managed to make ImgBurn barf when I fed it a hand-created CUE sheet in order to burn an audio CD from an hour long continuous MP3 audio clip (a house music mix). I wanted to burn the mix with added index markers where the actual track change points were.

I determined the index marker timings by listening to the clip in Audacity (which showed cursor positions as minutes, seconds and decimals of seconds) and then added INDEX stanzas to the CUE sheet using a text editor, but I got the syntax wrong.

The syntax is "INDEX NN xx:yy:zz" where I assumed "mins:secs:hundredths-of-secs" for x:y:z, but as any fule kno :whistling: it's actually "mins:secs:frames" where frames must be between 1 and 75.

Some of my INDEX timings had zz values above 75, which caused ImgBurn to display a terse "Frames out of range!" .... and it took a bit of googling to figure out what I had wrong. Maybe IB could elaborate by saying something like

"Syntax error in CUE sheet 'INDEX' directive time field - Frames out of range 1 - 75"

I know ... I want my cake and eat it :rolleyes:

post-4902-126966853576.jpg

"Syntax error in CUE sheet 'INDEX' directive time field - Frames out of range 1 - 75"

I know ... I want my cake and eat it :rolleyes:

I meant to add : I realise this is asking for really sweet sugar, but I figured it would just be continuing the IB tradition of having the most outstandingly helpful messages ever.

I've never forgotten my delight the first time I saw the automagical "You've selected a folder containing DVD video files - Are you trying to build a DVD Video disc ?", followed by "I couldn't help but notice that you've not specified a volume label - Being the nice program I am, I've gone to the trouble of generating one for you", and shortly after that by "File Systems: ISO9660, UDF 1.02; IFO/BUP 32K Padding Enabled" etc., etc.

Cheers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.