Imp ID: DVD Shrink?

vk1drums

I've burned DVD+R DL discs successfully with different .iso burning programs and visually the disc looks completely burned from inner to outer edges. With Imgburn on the other hand, the disc doesn't look fully burned and wondered if the Imp ID: DVD Shrink has anything to do with recognizing the .iso files that I'm trying to burn. Is the full file of the .iso being compressed before burning to the DVD or are both layers being burned at all for quality sake? I'm not able to tell.

Thanks!

vk1drums

If the log indicates that it's burned + verified without errors it should be ok.

I wouldn't let DVD Shrink create ISOs for burning onto DL media as it can't handle the layer break properly. Better solution is to to let DVD Shrink output to a VIDEO_TS folder and then build + burn that folder with ImgBurn. That way you can select and set the layer break properly.

The Imp field is just a note of which program that created the ISO file and doesn't impact the burning result.

If the log indicates that it's burned + verified without errors it should be ok.

I wouldn't let DVD Shrink create ISOs for burning onto DL media as it can't handle the layer break properly. Better solution is to to let DVD Shrink output to a VIDEO_TS folder and then build + burn that folder with ImgBurn. That way you can select and set the layer break properly.

The Imp field is just a note of which program that created the ISO file and doesn't impact the burning result.

My next question pertains to what you've just posted. I've extracted the .iso to a folder and wanted to know when building where to set the layer break with all of the files listed?

Exuse the extra posts. My next question pertains to what you've just posted. I've extracted the .iso to a folder and wanted to know when building where to set the layer break with all of the files listed?

If you created the ISO using DVD shrinks output to ISO function then you will need to re-encode/ reauthor etc and get dvdshrink to instead output to VIDEO_TS... hard disk folder. Otherwise as Cynthia pointed out the layerbreak will not be right in the ISO created by dvdshrink

Thank you for that information! Now if I don't build a DVD-R DL disc and instead use the default burning process (as I have already used previously), the DVD's that I have burned seem to play alright, although I'm not certain as if there is a break for the second layer or not. Should this be a cause for concern regarding compatibility for future discs to be burned?

Note: I'm not the sole proprietor who had originally used DVD Shrink to start with.

It will play but you face the issue that the layer break is in the middle of a scene where you don't want it. Especially if your player is of an older model and does a hiccup while changing layers.

I understand now. Just tried setting a layer break and was successful until midway through the burn, I received an error message attached below. Could this be an disc error or other? I'm finding out through this website that the discs I'm using aren't the best since they are TDK DVD+R DL discs.

post-33229-126979855272.jpg

You only have one speed to play with 2.4x and it looks as the burner doesn't like that media at all. I would try with Verbatims. But the burner was released 2005 and might even be a bit to old to deal with the 8x rated Verbatims.

I'd tried burning one more time and as usual stopped at the same point. I've never split layers before burning a DL disc, so I'm hoping that it's not my drive. After I've attempted to burn with the Verbatim media and have no luck, is it possible that the drive isn't capable of layer breaks, and do you have any brand suggestions for an somewhat inexpensive upgrade such as a Blu-Ray burner if that's the case?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.