how to create a log of DVD read and create ISO

advda

Hello

Just loaned to a friend a rare Live DVD and ooops, received it back scratched and poorly readable.

When backing up my valuable DVD's - how could I get a log of read - creating ISO process - including DVD properties (obtained from all around the world..), enabled IB switches and etc.

Which would help me to troubleshoot later problems, when I once find that something is wrong with my copy.

For making copy I suggest that: 1. read mode with ISO output suites best 2. followed by write.

By default ImgBurn log file content is just a burning info and I couldn't find any log option settings to log DVD properties, DVD read and ISO creating.

Thanks!

I rechecked.

Yesterday's read events are missing entirely from log. But today the new read is logged normally.

So, let's hope logging is functioning at it's best and there was some occasional interruption.

What is missing - The initial question started from DVD Region - friend of mine in USA has delivered to me some extra valuable music DVDs, which play normally with my present equipment. I expected the read log to contain a region info but instead I discovered that there were not any read events logged at all.

I'd expect in the read log as much data about original as ever possible :-)

Thanks for your time!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.