Verbatim DVD+DL's At Maplin Electronics

scuzzy

My local branch of Maplin Electronics in the UK has just begun stocking spindles of 25 8x Verbatim DVD+DL disks for £20 (well £19.99), after having stocked cartons of 5 jewel-cased 8x Verbatim DVD+DL disks priced at £20 for the last couple of years (which nobody seems to buy for some reason ...).

Figuring that's a bit of a no-brainer, I was on the point of buying a spindle, when I thought to check country of origin. The spindles say they're made in India, while the cartons say they're made in Taiwan.

Do any of the Media Gods (:worthy:) we have on this forum have an opinion on the likely goodness of the Indian disks ?

I guess you'd probably need to know the actual media code (which Maplin doesn't give) to be sure.

I have in the past bought the jewel-cased variety elsewhere, both 2.4x and 8x, and in both cases the carton said made in Singapore - and gave me no trouble at all. Taiwan has always been good to me, but I'd have thought it was "too early" for India to be tooled up for successfully making DL media.

[This seems to be a Maplin special offer, until 18th.May ... maybe there's :unsure: some need to get rid of this particular Indian-origin stock ?]

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.