How do you change the booktype to DVD-ROM

ElBoricua433

hi people

greetings from spain

and please forgive my english mistakes :innocent:

I have a NEC 3540A v1.03

and I usually make ISO files with DVD-Decrypter and burn them with ImgBurn

I normally use DVD-R and everything it's OK but I will start using DVD DL+R soon, I've read about this thing of "changing bit setting"

Let see if I get clear

in this windows

nec5vf.gif

I have to put this settings everytime I burn a DL+R? or just the first time? and If I burn a DVD-R, how it has to be?

surely is very simple but i have not a clear idea.

And what is about the part of "changes avalaible"? its means I only can put DVD Rom setting 500 times?

again sorry for my english

and I hope one of you can help me

Greetings

Clamatac

It means you can only change the setting itself 500 times. After that, I believe the firmware blocks it (even this can be reset though so don't worry).

Changing the setting itself is NOTHING to do with changing the booktype on the disc.

The settings will stick on what you set it to and that will last for the life of the drive. In all honesty, there shouldn't really be any reason for you to change it again once you've set it to DVDROM.

So all you need to do is set the DVD+R DL option to DVDROM once, then you can forget about it. The drive will then automatically set DVD+R DL media's booktype to DVDROM each and every time you burn.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks a lot for answering

one more thing,

what about dvd-r DL? I think my nec 3540 supports that kind of discs, I don't have any but in -R DL, do we have to make any "bit setting" change?

Thanks

Edited by clamatac

500 changes is a LOT anyway . you will probably buy a new drive before you get to the 500 limit as well.

500 Dual layer discs is almost the same as burning 1000 normal DV5 discs . 500 D/L discs is VERY expensive as well :'(

Just to re-iterate, the 500 limit is nothing to do with the number of burns you can make or the number of times the drive can set the booktype on discs.

It's the limit on how many times you can change your mind as to whether or not the drive should perform bitsetting - full stop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.