Scheduled Task Burn problem

playmax

Hi all and thx LUK! for this great software

i`ve made a 3 batch script combo: Main script that calls createiso.bat and writeiso.bet

all works fine until i put the main scrit in scheduler to run as Administrator windows account or any other account thats different than the one i`m logged in...i can`t see anything since i can`t see the imgburn window in backroud...yet i`ve put imgburn to make logs after it does a task...creating iso works great...sometimes it closes the imgburn process too, but when it comes to the burning batch step...it launches the ImgBurn.exe and hust hangs on....doing nothing, not even loading my DVD/CD ( i can tell that by the noise and by no working led)....

so i`ve studied better and realised that i can do all this things in 1 batch... heres my line:

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE DEVICE /SRC "D:\arhiva" /DEST F: /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.01" /VOLUMELABEL "Arhiva" /ROOTFOLDER YES /COPIES 1 /SPEED 2x /ERASE /DELETESOURCE NO /START /WAITFORMEDIA /NOIMAGEDETAILS /EJECT YES /CLOSE

were`s the mistake cuz when i run it normali from cmd works good...when i put it on scheduler and run it from there as a different user than the one logged in same old story...imgbunr starts and just hangs in the air...

you guys see something wrong in my command? cuz i tryed finding one for a lot of time

If it doesn't, perhaps the return code or something in the log will give you a clue.

how can i check the log? if it doesn`t finish the cd? the aplication runs as different user therefore i can`t see imgburn window, and since it doesn`t finish burning the cd there`s no log....does it have a some kind of temp log i can search for? if so can you tell me its location?... thx LUK!

You get a log if it burns or not.

The log is just whatever's written in the Log window. Open and close the app and you'll see for yourself. There will always be the standard 10 or so lines if nothing else.

Add the /LOG parameter to the command line to force it to write to a certain place. (check the readme.txt file)

You get a log if it burns or not.

The log is just whatever's written in the Log window. Open and close the app and you'll see for yourself. There will always be the standard 10 or so lines if nothing else.

Add the /LOG parameter to the command line to force it to write to a certain place. (check the readme.txt file)

1. THE LOG IS CREATED AFTER THE BURN IS DONE if imgburn.exe process just hangs in the air nothing happens...cuz the burn is not finished so the writting log is not created

2. I cannot see the window log since the aplication is running as a different user from scheduler, that means i can on only see the imgburn.exe in the process list from CTRL+ALT+DELETE thats all i can see since running an aplicantion from a different user than the one logged in from scheduled task auto hides the aplication u`re running...

so how do i find out whats happening?

Edited by playmax

1. Yes but you said the burn wasn't happening.

So by taking out the 'waitformedia' bit, it should just close straight away if there's an issue (i.e. if you don't put a disc in the drive).

You can also make it output the disc info to another log - so you can check that info is correct too.

Does the other user you're running the application as have access to the files you're trying to burn?

2. Who said anything about looking at it when running via your script? I just said look.

Do remember that ImgBurn is a GUI app. You can automate certain GUI functions via CLI parmeters but it's still a GUI app and should be treated as such.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.