About latest Nero ASPI Driver

owin

hi i just joined this forum and this my first post. I hope am not posting in the wrong place cause i notice that this forum is for mainly for Imgburn related discussion. However, maybe someone can please help me with the following questions and confusions.

I use NERO 7 as the CD-burning software and recently found that a new version of Nero ASPI Driver (v2.0.1.74) is out. Now I have downloaded this version but don't know what to do next. How do I check the version of the Nero ASPI driver currently installed? Is there a tool for doing that?

At the end I have one more question. Exactly what does a ASPI driver does and what's the importance of have the latest/correct version.

I however plan to start using imgburn for most of my CD/DVD burning needs hoping that it offers most (if not all) of the features which Nero offers. I assume that amongst the shareware products Nero is probably the better products as compared with Ashampoo and whatever else is out there.

i be very much thankful for yor help.

ASPI is for older Windows systems like Windows 9x/Me. If you are using XP and newer you should use SPTI.

ASPI is the "program" that runs the connection with your optiacl discs and the computer/burning program.

So if you don´t use Windows 9x/Me, you can camly ignore ASPI.

This program should show you the version number and if ASPI is installed.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/ASPI-Checker.shtml

ASPI is for older Windows systems like Windows 9x/Me. If you are using XP and newer you should use SPTI.

ASPI is the "program" that runs the connection with your optiacl discs and the computer/burning program.

So if you don´t use Windows 9x/Me, you can camly ignore ASPI.

This program should show you the version number and if ASPI is installed.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/ASPI-Checker.shtml

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the reply. Is SPTI a freeware? In either case where can I get it from.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.