Explorer context menu

TGP1994

I think something similar was posted awhile ago, but since I know old-topic-posting is generally verboten, I'll make another one here.

Anyhow, I think something very useful for ImgBurn would be an Add select files to image file..., at which point, we would get to choose what to do with that image file. I myself is more saving them than burning them, so hopefully a process can be created to speed that up.

I recall in the previous thread I read, there was a Registry settings section where one could add this functionality. I checked it, and every check box is checked. I believe that was for the Open with... option, which does not appear for all files, namely .exe files.

there's already some context menu options by default....

but what i suggested was those 3:

Xw4WI.png

ImgBurn --> Read to Disk

ImgBurn --> Build Image

When a user chooses --> ImgBurn --> Build Image

ImgBurn should launch and be set this way:

***the Advanced Input should be used instead of Standard Input***

***the Options Tab should be selected***

***and the File System needs to be ISO9660+Joliet***

ImgBurn --> Write to Disc

When a user chooses --> ImgBurn --> Write to Disc

***the Device Tab should be selected***

:rolleyes:

Edited by eSkRo

there's already some context menu options by default....

but what i suggested was those 3:

Xw4WI.png

ImgBurn --> Read to Disk

ImgBurn --> Build Image

When a user chooses --> ImgBurn --> Build Image

***the Options Tab should be selected***

ImgBurn --> Write to Disc

When a user chooses --> ImgBurn --> Write to Disc

***the Device Tab should be selected***

:rolleyes:

I love that idea, it's about time it gets implemented :) Actually, comming from 7-Zip, it would be nice if there was an option like save image file as..., and then all you have to do is type in the file name.

EDIT: Oh, just had an idea, it would also be nice if we could edit an image file, I.E. add and remove files from it.

Edited by TGP1994

EDIT: Oh, just had an idea, it would also be nice if we could edit an image file, I.E. add and remove files from it.

Mount the image file and drag the contents to the advanced build window and you can add/delete stuff as you want and then build the new image file.

Mount the image file and drag the contents to the advanced build window and you can add/delete stuff as you want and then build the new image file.

Eeeeuuuhhhh... A built in editor would be much nicer :)

And Lightning UK, I'm sure Visual C++ (if that's the IDE/Language you're using) has a very simple built in module for adding explorer menus. In fact, right on Microsoft's very own MSDN library, there's a tutorial for shell context menus in explorer. I see that you're already proficient with the windows registry, so this should be a breeze. Never thought I'd be telling the creator this, but google is very helpful :)

Edited by TGP1994

but all of this has been talked into before...

i can confirm you that LUK! won't go any furthur with the actual context menu....

That doesnt stop you, from making one and share it with us :P

just like --> ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext v1.3 --> http://www.svcd2dvd.com/

Lol, someone had to make an extension?

I mean, no, I don't know C++ that well. Could Vb.Net perhaps work as an extension? Maybe I could whip something up, if that's possible.

EDIT: Nope, plugins aren't going to happen. So this feature idea just needs to get some steam.

Edited by TGP1994

You're not getting me.

I said I don't want to do a shell extension dll for ImgBurn, I didn't say I couldn't.

If you want to waste your time making one that nobody will ever use or know about (because I won't bundle it), be my guest.

You're not getting me.

I said I don't want to do a shell extension dll for ImgBurn, I didn't say I couldn't.

If you want to waste your time making one that nobody will ever use or know about (because I won't bundle it), be my guest.

Well, originally, you gave the impression that it was too much work... which it doesn't seem to be, but whatever. I don't know how you've come so far with a program like this, then act like you won't touch a compiler for the rest of your life.

And it seems like so far, quite a few people would like it. Minus the same views by the same people, and search engine spiders, I would image this thread has at least been viewed by 15 different people.

all of this has been talked into before...

i can confirm you that LUK! won't go any furthur with the actual context menu....

That doesnt stop you, from making one and share it with us :P

just like --> ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext v1.3 --> http://www.svcd2dvd.com/

Yes, yes, but ImgBurn doesn't seem to have an SDK I can work with.

u dont need an SDK....

you dont need to recreate a complete installer here...

just make it a seperate app...

just like that guy did with --> ImgBurn DVD-Video Shell Ext v1.3 --> http://www.svcd2dvd.com/

You don't need to keep copying the link. I thought it was as simple as making a plug in, but no, I'm not able to make an entire program :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.