Medium Not Present

Brian002100

I haven't been able to use ImgBurn lately. I am using the same DVD drive and DVD+R media that I have always been using that has worked fine. Lately, it doesn't recognize that I have a DVD in the drive. Here is the log if it helps:

I 22:33:58 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 22:33:58 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 22:33:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 22:33:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 22:33:58 Found 1 DVD?RW!

If it says 'Medium Not Present' in the statusbar, that's what the drive is returning. As such, NO software would be able to do anything with those discs.

Update your drives firmware (it may then support them) or get some other discs.

If it's cross flashed to another firmware, you'd probably need to enable that cross flashing option each time you want to update the firmware.

Looking at the firmwares available, you're pretty much out of luck in that department anyway.

So I was able to play a DVD on my computer using the drive I am talking about. But then once I took the DVD out, the drive description went from DVD Drive back to CD Drive and ImgBurn doesn't even recognize the drive now. Do you think theres anything I can do to fix this?

It doesn't recognise it at all? Are you sure nothing else is using the drive and just not letting ImgBurn see it?

Don't pay too much attention to the pretty name explorer shows for the drive, it's almost meaning less.

If you want to test the drive, put it in another pc and see if it behaves in the same way.

----------UPDATE------------------

I uninstalled the DVD drive and restarted my comp and let it re-install the drivers and now it appears to be working again. I have had a lot of trouble with this drive, so who knows whats up with it.

Brian002100, Welcome to the forum. maybe you should consider buying a new drive for your computer. With the prices of top quality drives being so reasonable, a new drive could be a good way to go. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.