access violation

polopony

Send the minidump file over. - c:\windows\minidump

As I've mentioned before a few times, there is 1 memory corruption bug I know about in 1.3.0.0 but you'd only see if it if you get one of those 'Potential 'WaitImmediateIO' Deferred Error' errors.

Not only that, you certainly wouldn't get it with the beta.

Perhaps off topic - Is there some setting in windows you need to enable to get something saved in that folder?

Mine folder was empty and during the years I have used Windows XP some other programs have crashed. Just curious to why that folder was empty. I had exptected it to be full of logs.

I believe files only get put there from BSOD's.

Programs never really cause crashes in that way as it's only low level stuff (drivers etc) that crash the OS.

For normal crashes, you'd need to configure DrWatson.

Click Start -> Run and type 'drwtsn32'

(without quotes)

Oh and polo, you know the drill... I need loads more info!

When EXACTLY are these errors popping up?

During the burn? When you open the Queue window? When you add things to the queue window?

Without that, I can't even begin to look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry man for not replying my short term memory is ah what was I saying :lol: couldn't find a minidump showing anything, but the error starts the minute I attempt to Que some ISO's, the error notification will close the first time(3x times I hit OK ) the error message pops up but if I keep trying I have to kill it with Task manager .I'll look into it some more with Google and do some reading can still burn stuff so its not critical.Its getting about that time to format the drive and reinstall XP its been a couple of years since I last did it. It kicks out some numbers access violation at address77e7a922 and write address 00a89360

quick update I did a sys restore back a couple of months and reinstalled beta 9 and all's well everything que's fine ,lost a couple of ISO's :doh: but not really if I want to go to the trouble which I dont :lol:

good deal ,its funny though that nobody else had the same issue .I guess I was due since I had no issues with anything going back to 1.6? a good while back still have it on a floppy somewhere just in case :lol::thumbup:

New OS's are pretty good at hiding memory errors because all apps run in their own little memory space. Not that it's a good thing (from a programmers point of view), but you can get away with a lot more without the user ever seeing an error message.

Also, the problem I experienced in Vista was due to it sending different messages (and dealing with them differently) to XP and older OS's.

Even just adding the little arrows to the column headers is actually quite tricky using Borland. You'd think there'd just be a 'Add Sort Arrows' Yes/No type thing... but believe me, there's not!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.