Reading copyright protected dvds/upgrade ?

DVDMAN79

If they're copyrighted and/or protected then they aren't meant to be copied, don't you agree?

No i dont.

It isn't illegal to make backups of dvds you own & have paid for,for your own use. Blu Ray movies are not that cheap to buy, so i would like to be able to backup any dvds/blu rays i have in case of loss or damage.

It isn't illegal to make backups of dvds you own & have paid for,for your own use. Blu Ray movies are not that cheap to buy, so i would like to be able to backup any dvds/blu rays i have in case of loss or damage.

That's open to interpretation and varies wildly depending on your country's laws.

Anyway, there are plenty of tools for doing what you want and ImgBurn, nor its author LUK, aren't looking for legal disputes ;)

That's open to interpretation and varies wildly depending on your country's laws.

Anyway, there are plenty of tools for doing what you want and ImgBurn, nor its author LUK, aren't looking for legal disputes ;)

Good point.

Just ImgBurn can burn blu ray, shame it cant read them.:-(

in the country where lightning (the author of imgburn) lives, it is illegal and punishable by law to circumvent copyright protection.

it will never be implemented into imgburn, and for the same reason, development of his earlier programme was halted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.