Problem again, really strange =\

garfunk

I have a problem again with burning. It's quite weird since I'm using TY discs! I tried twice and it wouldn't work. I don't think I should waste any more discs trying to figure out what's going on.

I 00:52:33 ImgBurn Version 1.3.0.0 started!

I 00:52:33 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 00:52:33 Initialising SPTI...

I 00:52:33 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 00:52:34 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD?RW!

I 00:52:41 Operation Started!

I 00:52:41 Source File: D:\Videos\0\S.iso

I 00:52:41 Source File Sectors: 2,273,403 (MODE1/2048)

I 00:52:41 Source File Size: 4,655,929,344 bytes

I 00:52:41 Source File Volume Identifier: S

I 00:52:41 Source File Application Identifier: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD

CD-R/DVD CREATOR © 1993 E.YOUNGDALE © 1997 J.PEARSON/J.SCHILLING

I 00:52:41 Source File Implementation Identifier: mkisofs

I 00:52:41 Source File UDF Revision: 1.02

I 00:52:41 Destination Device: [1:1:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D 1.22 (F:) (ATA)

I 00:52:41 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: YUDEN000-T02-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 00:52:42 Destination Media Sectors: 2,295,104

I 00:52:42 Write Mode: DVD

I 00:52:42 Write Type: DAO

I 00:52:42 Write Speed: 6x

I 00:52:42 Link Size: Auto

I 00:52:42 Test Mode: No

I 00:52:42 BURN-Proof: Enabled

I 00:52:42 Filling Buffer...

I 00:52:43 Writing LeadIn...

W 00:53:10 Failed to Write Sectors 768 - 799 - Unknown (Internal Target Failure) (0x44, 0xD6)

W 00:53:10 Retrying (1 of 20)...

I think most of us that use TY use the -R version rather than +R.

I'd also be tempted to try 4x and 8x. The write strategies might be better than the 6x one.

Other than that, there's nothing to say really. It's failing to burn to the media.... not much else we can tell you!

The 107 is quite old now in the grand scale of things. Maybe it's time to update to a 111?

Yeah, pretty sad. I tried 4x, didn't work. I don't think I have the guts to try 8x. It still writes on my crappy Memorex DVD+RWs... I can't believe it's the discs though. :? I'm very tempted to upgrade, but my war against my DVD burner is not over yet! (shakes fist)

Nope. Australian money. :) In US currency they are $4.40 each. Sucks huh?

Yes, I wonder if it's a value added tax that Australia adds while the U.S. adds none, or perhaps there's just a greater market in the U.S. leading to a greater supply? I seem to recall Canadians complaining about the price of media in Canada because of the VAT, and wanting to come to the U.S. to get it instead. It's hard to find the ones in jewel cases any more in the U.S., and I mainly see spindles of 10 or 20. The 20 piece spindles are the ones that are $39.99 US about once a month.

At $2 US each, I stocked up and then gave up on DVD Shrink or like programs long ago...

Yes, I wonder if it's a value added tax that Australia adds while the U.S. adds none, or perhaps there's just a greater market in the U.S. leading to a greater supply?

I think the latter.

Yes, I wonder if it's a value added tax that Australia adds while the U.S. adds none, or perhaps there's just a greater market in the U.S. leading to a greater supply?

I think the latter.

Agreed. I know the Oz government were thinking of adding a tax on media (Canada and Denmark has this, I believe), but I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened here...... yet.

Well the approx cost of ?2.40 a disc is v.similar to what I pay for them here in England.

It seems to me that most things are cheaper in the US than anywhere else - thats why we stock up on things when we go there on hols !!

Verbatim DL still go for around $3.00 to $4.00 depending on where you buy them. Thats per disc.

I have a dual layer burner but I have never as of yet burned a dual layer disc. I am cheap it stick with the single layer for now at about 19 to 25 cents per disc.

Don't get the -R/DL. I've just had 3 failures out of 3.

I have also learned that the +R's are the better ones for daul layer.

If they didnt cost so much I would be using the DL rather then the single.

I may just break down a buy a few though I have some Home video my mother recoreded of my son when he was a baby I would rather have those videos on the dl. But for now still waiting for the price to come down on them.

Heck I remember when the single layers were $10.00 per disc so I am sure the Duals will come down too.

$10 for single layer PA ????? :faint: You must be much older than you look :rotfl:

Hey Groundrush ! Burning DL's is easy if they are the Verb DVD+R DL..... Drop me a PM if you want as it's much easier than SL burns (less steps)

$10 for single layer PA ????? :faint: You must be much older than you look :rotfl:

Hey Groundrush ! Burning DL's is easy if they are the Verb DVD+R DL..... Drop me a PM if you want as it's much easier than SL burns (less steps)

Around here single layer DVD were $10.00 each they came in Black DVD cases that was in the year 2000.

I turn 36 this month not old yet but getting there. =))

Edited by photo_angel2004

@Farty Finger

I get my Verb DLs at www.pcx.com.au Real good people and good pricing too.

Regards

@ Leslie

Not bad prices. Pretty good actually. Printable Verb +R/DL x 20 for $85 a tub. ( http://www.pcx.com.au/products/index.asp?s...a,DVD%2bR,8.5gb ) Ooh! They've got a shop in Brisbane. :) It's 25 miles from here but that's life.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.