Continuous DVD playback

chiragmp

Hi:

First off, thanks for the great program. I recently purchased Panasonic ZS7 digital camera that can also record AVCHD movie. I recorded a couple of 1 minute clips and downloaded them to my PC. Then I opened ImgBurn to create DVD. I have a standard DVD burner (not Blu-ray) on my PC. I chose "Write files/folders to Disc" option and added the 2 AVCHD clips in ImgBurn. The file format is m2ts. ImgBurn, at one point, asked me something about Blu-ray and I clicked yes. After ImgBurn finished writing the DVD, I popped it into my PS3. Under video, the disc got listed as data disc. Is this expected? When I click on "data disc" 2 clips get listed. The clips have the same artwork, no frame from the actual recording is displayed. Is there a way to get the clips to show something from the actual recorded material? And finally, when the first clip finishes playing, PS3 enters a paused state. I have to go back to the clip listing and go to the next clip and click on it to playback. Is there a way to play all the clips one after the other, automatically, without user input. Kind of like DVD chapters where I can select the chapter I want to go to and then when I click on it, the remaining chapters play one after the other, automatically. Is there an option in ImgBurn to do this?

Thanks!

You need to use DVD Flick to make a valid DVD Video structure (Video_TS folder with .ifo .bup .vob files in it).

As DVD Flick comes with an old version of ImgBurn, I suggest to untick "Burn project to disc" in DVD Flick Project Settings.

Use this Guide to burn the final Video_TS folder to disc.

You need to use DVD Flick to make a valid DVD Video structure (Video_TS folder with .ifo .bup .vob files in it).

As DVD Flick comes with an old version of ImgBurn, I suggest to untick "Burn project to disc" in DVD Flick Project Settings.

Thanks! I will be sure to check DVD Flick out.

So I tried DVD Flick. It turns out that *.m2ts is not listed as a supported file format! So DVD Flick couldn't find any titles by default. But after changing the selection criteria to "All files *.*" and adding the *.m2ts titles to the project, it seems that the program was able to create a DVD image, with my custom menus and all. Is m2ts really not supported by DVD Flick and even though "All files" made it to force find it, the DVD image may not be perfect? DVD playback on PS3 doesn't really show any noticeable issues - I don't know - maybe some dropped frames. Is this possible? Is there another program better suited for m2ts -> DVD conversion?

•Burn near any video file to DVD

•Support for over 45 file formats

•Support for over 60 video codecs

•Support for over 40 audio codecs

Check the Feature page and you will see it is listed at Supported container formats as MPEG-2 PS, TS

As long as you can play a file on your computer I think DVD Flick will import it easyly by changing to All files.

There may be other programs for .m2ts specificaly, but most probably will cost you some money. DVD Flick is free and as long as it is doing what you want I'll say it's perfect.

•Burn near any video file to DVD

•Support for over 45 file formats

•Support for over 60 video codecs

•Support for over 40 audio codecs

Check the Feature page and you will see it is listed at Supported container formats as MPEG-2 PS, TS

As long as you can play a file on your computer I think DVD Flick will import it easyly by changing to All files.

There may be other programs for .m2ts specificaly, but most probably will cost you some money. DVD Flick is free and as long as it is doing what you want I'll say it's perfect.

Thanks for the great help! Really appreciate it and ImgBurn!

I've used ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme to burn Blu-Ray compatible DVDs, they will play on PS3 and any computer DVD player that has the necessary AVC codec (which is installed by the program). It will also play with programs like PowerDVD.

And this is HD video with AC3 audio.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD

BTW: contrary to that article, I can burn almost 1 hour of HD video on a DVD, depending on what bit rate it is recorded at.

Oh, And: I use TotalMedia Extreme to create the image, which is just a folder structure similar to DVD-Video, then use ImgBurn to burn the disc - no problems.

Edited by bigsleep

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.