imgburn can't lock drive for exclusive access

photo_angel2004

Hello,

Long time lurker first time poster here.

I have been using IMGbun with out any problems at all for a while now.

Today I ran into somthing I have never seen before:

imgburn8ko.png

I am under the understanding that some other program may have a lock on this. What other programs could cause this problem?

Just thought it was strang.

Thank you,

:dirol:

usually "packet writing" software , like InCD . mainly programs that let you drag and drop to your burner drive in windows explorer.

have you installed any new writing progs recently ?, like nero

packet writers put a lock on a drive, hence ImgBurn cant lock it exclusivly

No , nero was installed long before IMGburn was, I also had allother programs closed out. IMGburn was the only thing trying to run.

Earlier this Am I was using DVDD. DVDshrink. DVDremake pro and pgcedit.

But nothing was running when I got that IMGburn pop up.

I had this same alert when the Nero Express compilation window was running at the same time. I know you said you didn't have any other app running at the time, so I would guess that one of the previous apps you were running did not release the device lock.

In this instance, it's always a good thing to open Task Manager to check the list of processes running to see if one of those apps is still running without the GUI. Terminating/Ending this "rogue" process will usually (but not always) result in the lock being freed as well.

@Lightning UK,

Thanks I missed that in the faQ I didnt see there were 2 Q and A there. I will check out that link.

Thaks for the other replies It did work right again after rebooting a couple of times. I just thought it was wierd in all this time I have been using IMgburn that never happened before.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.