Attention disorder how to burn a music CD properly :)

Kloppstock

Maybe your CD player doesn't like CD-RW discs, so try with a CD-R (non-rewriteable) disc.

By the way...

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B SB00 (I:) (ATA)

I 19:02:19 -> Drive 2 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C SB02 (K:) (ATA)

There are firmware updates for both your SH-S223B and SH-S223C burners.

I feel i need to bump this thread, cause i have run in to some deep shit here :shaun:

after i updated the firmware of both my dvd rom's

autorun have stopped working correct on all discs inserted, it will not read and load any integrated pop-up menu longer

it will not ask what i wanna open the disc with, instead it browse into the disc and will load like this picture instead of any graphic interface, no ISO's can be read either off course, the disc logos will not show up in "this computer" it will just load the blank picture of the dvd-unit

i have walked into disk management in a hope of restoring the previous driver, but apparently it misses a safe copy that i didn't even know

how to create when i updating the dvd-roms, event though i have done it plenty of times

The question is, are this rom's a permanent failure now?..even though i would reinstall windows XP?

the only thing i can think about ever being possible from this state..to perform the "flashing" over and over again til it starts to sober up?

post-12774-078701100 1282902099.jpg

Edited by Kloppstock

You just need to tell it to 'Prompt you each time' again.

Right click the drive in explorer and take a look at the 'AutoPlay' tab.

It's nothing to do with the firmware, this is an OS thing.

it was already sett to this on all file types, i tested to klick default just to be safe, but it didn't change anything

still it keeps auto browse burn-discs directly, i can see however that retail discs

etc are actually loading their autorun..right now at least, the pattern have been "on" "of" the latest days even on game discs, while burn discs have acted invalid the whole week, so no reach of opening an ISO file with any media player here

but the icon view are gone on both types of discs though, that is wery disturbing, i guess since you say its OS related and have erupted after time only

i guess my only way out of this if i wanna fix it..would be to reinstall windows?

ok i thaut the firmware could actually break into the unit permanent, even though i have always find that info non-logical, i think iv heard it from someone on the internet that i should not take impressions from :thumbup::pirate:

post-12774-072155400 1282911865.jpg

post-12774-002160500 1282912238.jpg

Edited by Kloppstock

Try this then...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&displaylang=en

Reinstalling seems a bit drastic - but then I'm the kind of person that doesn't give up when faced with a problem. :)

The first scan claims it fixed something...even though its auto-scan the first it did suggesting everything was ok :wacko:

after the fix it didn't change the auto-run and it didn't change the icons unfortunately, i have run the tool on both rom's,

my second unit are for some reason skipping the first scan options that was successfully on my first rom, since then i have not been able to get that window back >_< instead its now locked positions where both rom's emidietley load this secondary scan window on startup,

that scan doesn't lead anything forward, cause i get this error when pressing repair

we don't wanna give up yet right? :cat:

AutoFix_2010-08-27_15-57-19.txt

post-12774-064254200 1282922420.jpg

Edited by Kloppstock

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.